PDA

View Full Version : Looking to become better

Bluestirbute
05-26-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm new to actual filmmaking, so I was looking to achieve some feedback with this forum from professionals such as yourselves.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bluestribute?feature=mhee That's my YouTube channel. I'm just looking for criticism from people who know the trade so I can improve, as I've never taken any sort of photography or cinematography class . . . actually, the only arts class I've really taken is music, but I like film quite a bit, so I would like to get better.

Also, if you have any tips for using a Canon T2i, lemme have them. I'm having a bit of trouble with short battery life (I'm talking like, maybe an hour or two of life for a supposed 5-10 hour battery) and importing clips into Premiere Elements 10 (for some reason, the first shots have a light flicker).

Thanks

Victor Nhat Nguyen
05-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi Blue welcome to the forum. There is a lot to learn about DSLR filmmaking and it's fun to learn. DSLR batteries were design for photography where you don't necessarily need to turn on the lcd screen the whole time. I guess it could go for 5-10 hours if you are doing for photography but my batteries last about 2 hours when I'm shooting video. If you want you could get a battery grip or just get more batteries. Changing batteries don't even take that long.

Bluestirbute
05-27-2012, 11:36 AM
Oh, that makes sense. I have two batteries now, but besides for bringing both to the shoot (and a charger), do you have any suggestions on improving battery life?

Victor Nhat Nguyen
05-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Oh, that makes sense. I have two batteries now, but besides for bringing both to the shoot (and a charger), do you have any suggestions on improving battery life?
If you are staying in one place for maybe an hour or so, consider buying an ac adapter. But there is not really much we can do to improve DSLR battery life. Canon batteries do last longer and retain their charge better but for the cost of one you can buy like 4 after market batteries. I say just buy a bunch, changing batteries only takes like 20 second

Bluestirbute
05-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I was thinking I was gonna have to get one, but that's gonna have to be a future investment . . .