PDA

View Full Version : Hello community!

lxjordanxl
05-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Deleted

Victor Nhat Nguyen
05-26-2012, 11:28 PM
wow these look pretty good, especially the molly water one. were those footage of water splashing stock footage or did you shoot it?

lxjordanxl
05-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the kind words Victor! Originally, the idea was to shoot some indoor slo-mo shots on my Canon 7D at 60 fps and create the super slo mo shots in post on Twixtor, but for some reason Twixtor has a hard time with transparency and water so we couldn't use any of the footage. I didn't have the money nor the resources to rent out a Phantom Gold camera so I went online and found some nice stock footage. Although that wasn't the path I wanted to go, it turned out ok.

wow these look pretty good, especially the molly water one. were those footage of water splashing stock footage or did you shoot it?

Victor Nhat Nguyen
05-27-2012, 09:34 AM
yeah gotta say those clips give it a higher production value. I like twixtor but I don't think it is all that reliable, bunch of time I experience warping.

lxjordanxl
05-27-2012, 09:39 AM
Exactly. It's been pretty disappointing considering the warping and ghosting that occurs. Are you shooting music videos?

yeah gotta say those clips give it a higher production value. I like twixtor but I don't think it is all that reliable, bunch of time I experience warping.

Victor Nhat Nguyen
05-27-2012, 09:43 AM
I just done one, and it's pretty bad lol.

lxjordanxl
05-27-2012, 09:57 AM
We've all gotta start somewhere! You should've seen my first few videos---I knew nothing about light, exposure, camera settings. That's the great thing about this forum though, you can pose any problem you're having here and get back some really solid advice. My biggest suggestion to you is to download some of your favorite music videos and just study them frame by frame (because I didn't go to film school, I have just been absorbing other people's work and studying it that way.) You've already taken the first step and you're asking all the right questions, now go out there and shoot as much as you can. And remember, don't be afraid to fail---I have personally learned more by failing than anything.