PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Sensor cleaning ?

flinty
05-19-2012, 09:16 AM
How often is it best to clean the GH2 sensor via the menu section,it may tell me in the manual but i cant see any mention of it,i have to admit i have not done mine once,so basicaly if the picture is fine leave alone,or should i clean it at regular intervals.
Any help and info will be greatly appreciated.

MR Fanny
05-19-2012, 07:05 PM
i think when you have the kit lens on it cleans everytime you turn it on, or it cleans evertime it gets turned on? someone may correct me on this. its just a sensor shake to knock off anything that may be on it....its not a true sensor clean in the sense. well thats how i believe it to work.

stoneinapond
05-19-2012, 07:33 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

MR Fanny
05-19-2012, 09:31 PM
that said, ive had my gh1's for years and have never done a sensor clean lol. not even on my gh2 either.

flinty
05-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys so if i see no reason i wont do the sensor clean.

flinty
05-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks guys so if i see no reason i wont do the sensor clean.

It is in the manual on page 136 about it. :Drogar-Dum(DBG):

Phenixone
05-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Sensor clean produces ultrasounds to remove dust from the sensor. You should only use it if you see some dust stuck on the sensor.

Bruce Foreman
05-20-2012, 11:43 AM
Sensor clean produces ultrasounds to remove dust from the sensor. You should only use it if you see some dust stuck on the sensor.

I'm a firm believer in "if it's not causing a problem leave it alone".

But I had to do a serious wet cleaning on a Canon T2i sensor, had 5 "welded" dust spots and a fine layer of dust across the sensor. Seemed to have come from the factory that way, I did very little lens changing on that one. I had to use Visible Dust + cleaning solution and went through 2 sensor swabs but that got it done.

I've seen nothing on doing something similar on Olympus or Panasonic m4/3's cameras, so what's recommended if you have something that won't shake off or blow off (with Giottos Rocket Blower - never consider "canned air")?

flinty
05-20-2012, 11:49 PM

Yes thats what the manual says,i should have seen it,but reading the GH2 manual can be trying.At least i have not used the function yet for no reason.