PDA

View Full Version : GH2 where can I test before buying

K.L. Cleeton
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Searching for this topic was getting me nowhere, so I figured I would just start a new one. I am from central Illinois and wondering if anyone knows of a place where I can go to check out a GH2 before I make the plunge to buy it? Google searches aren't turning out much.

Thanks in advance!

gundar
05-14-2012, 04:26 PM
KL,

I can't think of anywhere other than a large photo company like B&H. I was in the same boat as you in that respect, no where within 500 miles carried the darn thing. Each camera shop said that they wish they did have it because they knew how nice it was... but they didn't.

I would email Panasonic and ask them for dealers in your state.

K.L. Cleeton
05-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks so much for your quick reply. I think I'm going to check in to going to Calumet in Chicago and see how much they will let me get away with while playing with it in store. But I'll definitely e-mail Panasonic as well. I hadn't thought of that, thanks!

stoneinapond
05-15-2012, 06:53 AM
LensRental has the GH2 for rent. You'll have to add a lens and it might be a touch expensive, but it's absolutely the best way to try the camera out. And they are a great company to deal with.

Zephyrnoid
05-15-2012, 07:00 AM
LensRental has the GH2 for rent. You'll have to add a lens and it might be a touch expensive, but it's absolutely the best way to try the camera out. And they are a great company to deal with.

+1 on "they are a great company to deal with". I'm renting one in June to crash course myself for a wedding in July.

Kevin Lee
05-15-2012, 07:02 AM
No need to try it, just buy one up! I wasn't crazy about it at first, but now that I know how to use it.... I'm glad I got one!

K.L. Cleeton
05-18-2012, 03:15 PM
yeah I'm leaning that way as well… But I absolutely have to sell my gear first. Just can't afford getting a new one without selling the old one first.

If you know anyone interested in some really well taken care of used equipment let me know. You can find the post here (http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?282153-Complete-Production-Package&highlight=)

Bruce Foreman
05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
No need to try it, just buy one up! I wasn't crazy about it at first, but now that I know how to use it.... I'm glad I got one!

I second this opinion. You just cannot "try" it and learn enough about it "playing around" with one on a few hour basis. You actually have to spend a few days with it and then you begin to understand it.

Especially coming from Canon. But once you begin to "get the hang" of it you can start to really appreciate what it does. I bought a used body first and then after a few weeks had to get a second camera brand new. Lens options are something else.

keylight
05-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Buy it.

Try it.

Love it, then keep it.

Hate it, then sell it. $750 new on Amazon (body only), $710 used (like new) on Amazon. Cost to try and then sell is about $100 (after Amazon takes their cut and you pay for shipping to your buyer). Similar kinds of cost to buy, try, and sell a kit version (with lens).

$100 to buy, try, and sell is pretty good.

Just please don't buy, try, and return.