PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Rumor mill - gh3

wgzn
05-08-2012, 01:02 PM
i was just on a live chat with panasonics direct purchase department. i was checking on pricing of GH2s.
she indicated that GH2s are currently on backorder. i asked then (kind of as a joke) about GH3 availability.
she replied that they should be available sometime "this month"
to verify, i asked if she had any marketing material or specs. she said "sorry we do not."

so that doesnt really mean anything. and probably means NOTHING.

im not sure if these people are just dumb and dont actually know anything, are told to say "sometime this month" as a blanket answer, or if she slipped up and panasonic is going to do some kind of surprise release...

just thought it might be interesting.

apologies in advance for throwing fuel on a fire ; )

stoneinapond
05-08-2012, 01:56 PM
i was checking on pricing of GH2s.
she indicated that GH2s are currently on backorder. i asked then (kind of as a joke) about GH3 availability.
she replied that they should be available sometime "this month"

GH2 on backorder and GH3s coming this month - 2013, MAY-BE. :grin:

maranfilms
05-08-2012, 02:04 PM
If I worked for Panisonic direct, I would mess with the callers so bad. I would be like yeah the gh3, it's amazing, 4k, 120p, full frame sensor that crops to apsc. oh yeah did I mention it shoots raw. hehe Then I would log on to dvxuser and laugh my ass off at the threads about it :)

OldCorpse
05-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Why would they release the GH3 in June? Isn't the GH3 the top line most expensive consumer cam in the whole Lumix line? Isn't photokina 2012 where they'd unveil it? That would mean the last week of September more or less (09/18 - 09/23). I mean, I guess they can release it whenever, but I thought usually they first announce it and then it's available a few months later, so isn't it a bit late to announce if they're already going to release it next month... doesn't leave much time. Of course anything's possible, but I'm skeptical that anyone as low on the totem pole as a telephone rep is going to be in the know regarding a release date when that information is not to be found anywhere else... I figure she'd be the last person to know, probably at the same time the general public finds out. It's like the Apple rumors where someone says that some low level sales person at an Apple store knows when what will be released - which of course is nonsense.

That said, the sooner they release, the better, so I'm not complaining. In the end, nobody here knows, it's all speculation, they might release it tomorrow for all we know. Or not release a GH3 at all... I mean they might have some kind of followup to the GH2, but go in a different direction altogether. Let's remember, that Panasonic never even said IF there would be a GH3, never mind WHEN they might release it.

DPStewart
05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Confirmed:
The GH3 will have face recognition connected to Facebook built in.
And will also feature a high-rez 4K edition of Angry Birds.

wgzn
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
i hope everyone knows. that though this did actually happen. i put absolutely no store in it.
would be an interesting move though...

gundar
05-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Interesting...

tommyp
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Does anyone know when a hack will be available for the Gh3?

Thanks

RandyQ
05-10-2012, 04:05 AM
Confirmed:
The GH3 will have face recognition connected to Facebook built in.
And will also feature a high-rez 4K edition of Angry Birds.

I heard this too. YES Angry Birds at 4K, but only at 29.97fps, no 24p option. Crap, useless. Everyone knows we only play Angry Birds at 24P. Waiting now for the GH4...

Bruce Watson
05-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Waiting now for the GH4...

Could be a long wait; the Japanese aren't fond of the number 4. It would be safer to wait for a GH5. :grin:

kicap
05-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Those are the Chinese...not Japanese...

stoneinapond
05-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Those are the Chinese...not Japanese...

It's the same for both.