PDA

View Full Version : Avid editor looking at Final Cut Pro x

Paddy2
05-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Hi,
I work as an editor and use Avid Media composer 6 every day for long and short form editing. I am thinking of getting a system for home as I am starting a business on the side with a work colleague shooting and editing weddings and pro work.
I have a very limited knowledge of final cut and would like some help deciding on which one to get for home I can get both for under $500 as I am an editor.
Can someone thats uses both give me some guidance, I have played with FC a bit but???????
Old dog new tricks??????
Thanks
John

CapVideo
05-05-2012, 09:14 AM
FCX has a whole new style to it. Avid has always been considered the deluxe ultimate editing software, but if you are working from a home studio you may find that the simplicity of FCX actually makes life easier. Because you aren't working with hundreds of hours of footage shared between multiple editors, you just don't need the same features as Avid.

Dstar
05-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I agree with CapVideo. With FCPX and Motion integration, it is pretty easy to get great effects, titles, lower 3rds, etc. and crank out a good video fast. I have not worked with Avid, but I do use CS5.5. i have found the ease of using FCPX when I am on a time budget. But, definitely get Motion with FCPX.