PDA

View Full Version : GH2 New vid - Girls screaming

iHartVideo
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
GH2, GH1, a tiltshift and a few Nikon lenses.

Before you ask - yes, it's really her vocals. :D

https://vimeo.com/41205205

DPStewart
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
OK....here's a conundrum:

That was very professionally done....but I hope I never ever have to see it again.

(I admit the bugs pushed it over the edge for me.)

L1N3ARX
04-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Nice vid man, I have a friend in the Calgary area in the band Atomis.

Lpowell
04-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Bitchen. but I do hope no invertebrates were harmed in the making of this video

ErikTande
04-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Bitchen. but I do hope no invertebrates were harmed in the making of this video

I hope they were all brutally squished. I hate spiders :P

Disastronaut
05-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Trippy, this band just played here in Portland last night at East End.

Small world.

M. Gilden
05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Cool stuff. I noticed some weird artifacts, though. During some of the early head thrashing, I can freeze frame it and see what appears to be doubled-up frames. Looks like it was recorded at a different frame rate than the final composition, perhaps?
Also, some of the old-timey looking footage (for example, at 0:10) you can see interlaced lines.

As a whole, it flowed and was edited very well. Were the things I noticed intentional?

PaPa
05-02-2012, 05:24 AM
The video was very very well done. I still though, for the life of me, don't know how anyone wakes up and feels as though they want to create that type of music...

iHartVideo
05-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks guys.

@lpowel: ha! Actually, not what we expected, but the meal worms died after being in the tomato sauce for a while. Maybe it was too acidic.

@ Gilden: good eye... yep, you're right, on all counts. The artifacts are there and so is the doubling and Interlacing. Not intentional, chalk it up to stupity on my part. The artifacts are one of the reasons I tried to give it the 'old-time' look... to cover up my stupid mistakes.

sidecar
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
The video was very very well done. I still though, for the life of me, don't know how anyone wakes up and feels as though they want to create that type of music...

I think the science speak on this describes it as white noise
......at least that's what the Volvo owner guy that lives over the road calls it...
he'd have to be a scientist right ?

DevonH
05-04-2012, 10:38 AM
Hats off to the younger girls.... man, I know I wouldnt have been able to keep a straight face.

Mark Stevens
05-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Wtf

Mark Stevens
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Who likes this ----? Seriously... just... eghfll. The best cinematography in the world wouldn't make this watchable (unless you hit mute maybe).

Kholi
05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Who likes this ----? Seriously... just... eghfll. The best cinematography in the world wouldn't make this watchable (unless you hit mute maybe).

The swear filter is in place for a good reason, please choose a different word to express what you're feeling on the boards.

LineBreak
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
This is rad. I saw that singer when she was in Minneapolis playing bass for KEN Mode. Didn't realize she had her own band. Different strokes for different folks yall!

Lammy
05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys.

@ Gilden: good eye... yep, you're right, on all counts. The artifacts are there and so is the doubling and Interlacing. Not intentional, chalk it up to stupity on my part. The artifacts are one of the reasons I tried to give it the 'old-time' look... to cover up my stupid mistakes.

Honestly I thought it was pretty good. I thought they were intentional... in an arty way like we was watching parts of film being undeveloped and liquid bathed and being re-scanned and telecined before playbacked and broadcasted at 30 fps on an old CRT TV on a DVD with interlace issues. You should have played it up intentionlly man!

The swear filter is in place for a good reason, please choose a different word to express what you're feeling on the boards.

It's not really... everyone should have a choice and be mature enough to swear or not. And besides... the swear filter is racist to some Japanese names ;)

If not, well, go all the way and ban words like wtf, n00b, bitch, nazi and idiot too. I hate inconsistency, pet peeve.