PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Video/still capture question

minuteman26
04-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Probably a stupid question, but please excuse my ignorance: The GH2 owner's manual says a 2mb still picture can be saved during AVCHD playback ("Creating Still Picture...", p. 140). Would this in-camera function produce a better picture than saving a video screenshot during playback in editing software?

Thanks!

j1clark@ucsd.edu
04-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Probably a stupid question, but please excuse my ignorance: The GH2 owner's manual says a 2mb still picture can be saved during AVCHD playback ("Creating Still Picture...", p. 140). Would this in-camera function produce a better picture than saving a video screenshot during playback in editing software?

Thanks!

My 'guess' would be there would be no difference, or perhaps the NLE version may be 'better'... I've never used this sort of feature... don't know if it's available on my GH-1, but I can't imagine the in-camera snap as being 'better' than what an NLE would produce, since at that point there is only the AVCHD to work with. Sounds like a feature for a happy shooter to get a snap to the lab quickly without having to deal with loading the movie into some software on the computer...

minuteman26
04-27-2012, 03:28 PM
That's a good name for an in-camera feature: "Happy Shooter" function! Kind of like 'easy button'. Your guess about still capture is correct, in all likelihood - but if some GH2 expert can enlighten us both, all to the better.

Kind regards,
mm