PDA

View Full Version : More concert shooting questions

stevemar
06-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Here's my scenario: Last time I was shooting my friends' band at Long Beach Arena with my unprofessional Canon ZR20. I was on the side of the stage, then roaming down in front, then even got some killer shots up on the second level pointing down. Now I have a new DVX and am learning about how to set up my shots and getting the proper settings. My question is, what is the best way to set the camera for that kind of shooting? Basically the white balance and iris. I need recommendations on a good middle ground, because I'm running around so much. I read a post by Prariedog and he said white balance set at 3200 and to use manual iris. I do not doubt what he is saying, I just wanted some others to add to it. I will be doing alot of shooting like this.

yellowdog
06-28-2005, 04:28 PM
hope the lead singer isn't gonna wear a white shirt. Blows out your iris.dont use auto iris, you have to just manually ride the exposure, check your zebra settings.3200k is good for a white balance, if your not sure, you do have a color viewfinder,see which looks better, or just go with a preset white balance in 3200.if you have multicams, keep all the settings the exact same,provided you have 2 of the same cameras.And definately watch your audio levels.Have a good set of headphones so you can monitor your audio.good luck!

stevemar
06-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks Yellowdog!
stevemar

kikndrummer
08-02-2005, 07:01 AM
Try to get a light too....never enough white light at a rock show...they always fill each light can with colored gels and the lighting guys seem to love reds!!

I just shot some footage last night at The Webster Theatre in CT and it's a cool place but was a little bit to dark...last night came out good...but with a camera light softbox it would have been much better. :beer: