View Full Version : Can anyone tell me how to do this transition effect?

04-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Hi. If this is the wrong forum for this, my apologies. I was watching this music video and was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of transition effect is being used to get this extremely fast flicker/stutter that you see at 0:50 - 0:53?


Is it just some frame by frame editing? Is it a plugin? Is it a transition clip overlayed between clips?

Thanks much....i feel like an idiot cuz i really should know this, but I can't quite figure it out.

04-22-2012, 07:02 PM
It looks like cutting up video frame by frame.

04-22-2012, 07:09 PM

09-24-2012, 02:16 AM
Someone told me to use the strobe effect in AE but I couldn't figure it out. The effect here doesn't look manual. It definitely looks like some plug-in was involved.

09-24-2012, 04:14 AM
It's easy to do it manually, few minutes.
Extract the first frame from the next clip and drop it 3-6 times over the last frames of the current clip,
Experiment the space between these frames to get the effect you want and sync to the music beats.
I prefer to customize effects.

09-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Definitely cut to the beat if its for a music video. You can cut to the Kick or Hi Hat if you can see it