PDA

View Full Version : Sound mixing board to use with Final Cut Pro 7

RyanMKincaid
04-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Hey guys, trying to get a USB or Firewire soud mixing board to use on FCP and Premiere. Any suggestions

CapVideo
05-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Do you REALLY need a hardware based board for mixing? It might be much more affordable to do it via software.

NBside
05-30-2012, 09:51 PM
I agree that software is much easier and affordable. If youre still sold on hardware, check out Avid. They purchased a company called Euphonix that made great audio and video hardware controllers for post. Also, the old m-audio Project Mix is a solid audio mix surface, and you can probably get one for pretty cheap. Added bonus, it has 8 microphone xlr preamps and additional I/O for recording into your computer. Great for ADR, Foley, or whatever you need. Plus allows connections for headphones and monitors.

RyanMKincaid
06-07-2012, 02:28 AM
I agree that software is much easier and affordable. If youre still sold on hardware, check out Avid. They purchased a company called Euphonix that made great audio and video hardware controllers for post. Also, the old m-audio Project Mix is a solid audio mix surface, and you can probably get one for pretty cheap. Added bonus, it has 8 microphone xlr preamps and additional I/O for recording into your computer. Great for ADR, Foley, or whatever you need. Plus allows connections for headphones and monitors.

Software might be cheaper but I'm not sure about easier. I'm an old guy that likes some items analog instead of digital. Case in point, the lenses I use on my 7D, all old Pentax and Nikon glass. Thanks for the tip about the Project Mix.

maz.eric
09-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Yes I have used the Project Mix and its a good piece of hardware.