PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

nickjbedford
04-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

My name's Nick Bedford and I'm a portrait photographer from Brisbane, Australia (semi-freelancing non-professional) and of late I've been teaching myself video production and basic cinematography/directing. I'm working on some small music video projects at the moment as I'm very enthusiastic about getting my hands dirty in this area of video and to see what happens from there. Ultimately it would be amazing to work as a DoP or director on music videos (amongst other types of videos). Self teaching is obviously a very different path to film school but I'm taking things one step at a time and seeing where things take me. I'm a full-time employee and a full-time drummer of my own band, Guards Of May (http://www.guardsofmay.com/), so things are a little hectic.

My website/portfolio is at http://www.nickbedford.com. I'm shooting my videos with a Canon EOS 60D with the Canon EF-S 17-55mm F/2.8 IS USM lens. The recording format isn't ideal, coming from editing raw photos in glorious 14-bit, but it's a stepping stone and will help me learn the ropes of cinematography and directing. The lens in particular is great for my purposes. Great IS and sharp as any L lens.

Cheers!

AndrewGentle
04-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Hey Nick, I really like your portrait work! I'm in Brisbane too. All the best with the music video work and welcome to DVXuser!

-Andrew Gentle

Noel Evans
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Welcome aboard Nick. Your friendly neighbourhood Mod here. Let me know if you need anything. Noel (on the Gold Coast)

nickjbedford
04-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey Nick, I really like your portrait work! I'm in Brisbane too. All the best with the music video work and welcome to DVXuser!

-Andrew Gentle

Thanks Andrew! Much appreciated.

Welcome aboard Nick. Your friendly neighbourhood Mod here. Let me know if you need anything. Noel (on the Gold Coast)

Thanks Noel. Great to know there's some locals on these forums :) My band is actually just about to receive the final cut and graded video from a new director and a producer who live on the Gold Coast (Jake Brown and Julian Pennisi respectively, Julian runs BlackLine Media). They did an Epic job ;) Shot it on a RED One and Epic M (2nd day / band performance) with Zeiss CP.2 Primes with some pick ups on a 5D II.

Noel Evans
04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Cool Nick, I know Julian.

Gord.T
04-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I love the "Control (Radio Edit)" song. It sounds great cranked up. I'm really looking forward to the video. Congrats.