PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Iso Bug Revisited (Conclusions?)

MattRobertson
03-31-2012, 09:55 PM
So.. I've followed all the ISO bug threads, and I just simply don't totally get it, there was so many differences in opinion, different findings, etc, just wondering if we can use this thread to clear up and define truly how best to avoid it. As I understand it if I go from 800 to 640 it is much cleaner than just using 640 straight up correct? And this applies every time you turn the camera back on. However, what are the conclusions with other iso's? How do we avoid it when using, say 1600? Kinda confused with this. Same with lower iso's. Are there certain ones to avoid at all costs?

Pietro Impagliazzo
04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Why don't you test for yourself?

From my tests I concluded that GH2 native ISOs are 160 and its multiples.

Any other variations (400, 800, etc) introduce weird noise. I like ISO 1250 better than 800, for example.

MattRobertson
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Why don't you test for yourself?

From my tests I concluded that GH2 native ISOs are 160 and its multiples.

Any other variations (400, 800, etc) introduce weird noise. I like ISO 1250 better than 800, for example.I have been real busy with school and work, so haven't had time to test it, but I want to do so when I have time. Just wanted to see what people's final findings were before I went ahead and tested blindly