PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Vitaliy Kiselev partners with Panasonic!

PJF
03-31-2012, 03:13 PM
The Big Thing:
http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2739/the-big-thing

- Edit - Just an April Fools Joke.

Kholi
03-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Are you allowed to play April Fools jokes BEFORE April Fools day?

Or is it April Fools where VK is?

GrahamH
03-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Woah! That is a Big Thing!

Edit: Dang - yeah it's after midnight where he is. ;)

molloy1011
03-31-2012, 03:32 PM
He's said that he couldn't announce the partnership until the new financial quarter--today. I'm inclined to believe him.

PJF
03-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Or is it April Fools where VK is?

It is indeed, but Mr Kiselev claims the announce date is due to Panasonic financial year arrangements. Take your pick. It would be a top joke, but at the cost of alienating some followers.

If true, I hope it's more a case of "if you can't beat 'em, get 'em to join you" rather than "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

Dan Pears
03-31-2012, 03:38 PM
If this is April's fools, a lot of people are gonna be sad pandas tomorrow :evil:

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
03-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Either way, it's awesome: It's either the video technology industry's April Fools prank of the decade, or just plain the biggest video technology industry news of the decade! Well played, Vitaliy!

Imagine if there were an SDK for the GH3, etc. What would interwebbed software & hardware developers do with that?

jakobim
03-31-2012, 03:43 PM
WOW

ErikTande
03-31-2012, 04:11 PM
April Fools ; )

JoCu
03-31-2012, 05:00 PM
It really is the end of Panasonic's fiscal year.

rigs
03-31-2012, 05:01 PM
I hope I'm wrong. But - wouldn't this be an anouncement Panasonic would release as well, VK blew the wistle first. I fear that if its true it would mean the end of unleasing patches we could alter and expand on ourselves, and these new co-ops would be released with much less frequency and certain limitations. Oh I hope I am wrong. VK has provided us all with such a great service and I hope he gains much more than our thanks and gratitude for it.

ethan cooper
03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
I have the same fear. It's almost certain that there would be limitations placed on what they'll be allowed to alter and how high they can set bitrates. Since when have corporations with higher end products to protect and sell given the green light for their lower end products to be altered for free in ways that make them compete with the more expensive products? There's no way the hacks as we've come to know them will remain the same in terms of their flexibility, quality or frequency.

Anyone remember Juan Pertierra?

atarijedi
03-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Either way, it's awesome: It's either the video technology industry's April Fools prank of the decade, or just plain the biggest video technology industry news of the decade! Well played, Vitaliy!

Imagine if there were an SDK for the GH3, etc. What would interwebbed software & hardware developers do with that?

I think the FS700, if real, is the biggest video tech news of the decade so far.

ethan cooper
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
FS700

I'd settle for a breakthrough in DR rather than more resolution.

I guess what I want is the resolution of a GH2 with the latitude of 35mm film.

Framerate
03-31-2012, 05:54 PM
I hope I'm wrong. But - wouldn't this be an anouncement Panasonic would release as well, VK blew the wistle first. I fear that if its true it would mean the end of unleasing patches we could alter and expand on ourselves, and these new co-ops would be released with much less frequency and certain limitations. Oh I hope I am wrong. VK has provided us all with such a great service and I hope he gains much more than our thanks and gratitude for it.

If it's true (and Mr K does have an extremely odd sense of humour, as his last 'April 1st' stunt bears witness to) then it assuredly spells the end for the GH2 hack venture.

Some people might say that it's a venture that's already well past its sell by date anyway - the current hysteria appears to be over increasingly esoteric settings that take as much as they give, and which produce improvements that are scarcely noticeable to anyone other than the true die-hard believers.

No-one can blame Mr K for joining the Corporate gravy train - but if people think that Panasonic are going to allow the casual buccaneering that has been the norm so far, they will be sadly disappointed imo.

The EU 'time limit' removal is a text book example - a video camera, according to the EU, is a device that can record continuously for more than 29 minutes & 59 seconds. One second past that limit and a 'still' camera becomes a 'video' camera, and attracts a higher rate of tax.

There is no way that Panasonic can allow hacks that circumvent that (admittedly ridiculous) EU rule - to do so would invite legal proceedings and draconian penalties enforced against them.

So that will be the first thing to vanish.

Closely followed, one feels, by many more 'hack settings' that impinge upon Panasonic's own marketing strategies.

It might be unkind to suggest that Mr K has been bought off....but.....

Jaime Valles
03-31-2012, 06:30 PM
I'm not going to believe this until it's April 2nd...

blazer003
03-31-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm still calling an April Fools joke for now. If this is true (I'd give that a 10% chance), and he did get bought up by Panasonic, then it is a move to protect their interests, plain and simple. Not to in any way enhance their GH cameras filming abilities. There would be very little that Vitaly could offer them that they don't already know about their own camera. It would be to simply kill off any competition that their GH3 would be giving to their upper echelon video cameras.

Peter J. DeCrescenzo
03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm still calling an April Fools joke for now. If this is true (I'd give that a 10% chance), and he did get bought up by Panasonic, then it is a move to protect their interests, plain and simple. Not to in any way enhance their GH cameras filming abilities. There would be very little that Vitaly could offer them that they don't already know about their own camera. It would be to simply kill off any competition that their GH3 would be giving to their upper echelon video cameras.

I don't disagree with you. But if Panasonic needs to buy some time (possibly due at least in part to Japan earthquake, tsunami & nuclear disasters) working with Vitaliy to create cool tools might be one way to achieve that.

If Panasonic doesn't have big, fast & deep (high DR) sensors ready to roll out soon-ish, distracting us with wizz-bang "GH3" gizmos is worth a shot.

Or, if Sony, Panasonic, Canon or others are all ready to drop the bomb at NAB, then sure: It's embrace, extend & extinguish time.

I just hope Vitaliy gets a suitcase full of cash out of the deal, although it would be great if we also get more relatively inexpensive cam toys -- er, tools -- to work with, too.

Cheers.

Emanuel
03-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Seeing you to discuss something that I even had no patience to follow up such April Fools' reading, leaves me astonished on the power of your fertile imagination to believe, my personal kudos :-)

Cory Braun
03-31-2012, 07:39 PM
I guess what I want is the resolution of a GH2 with the latitude of 35mm film.

Get the F3 with s-log. It's DR is pretty damn close to film.

Jaime Valles
03-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Get the F3 with s-log. It's DR is pretty damn close to film.
I suppose he means for the price of a GH2. :)

tired
03-31-2012, 10:13 PM
If this is April's fools, a lot of people are gonna be sad pandas tomorrow :evil:

Have we forgotten his last effort? - many years ago I remember April Fools jokes would be played out in the newspapers and even on TV - there were some memorable ones - I recall being caught out with 'decimal time' we had only moved over the decimal currency in Aust a few years before and then (a couple of days after I had bought my first diving watch) they announced on the radio that time would be going decimal - 10 hours in instead of 12, 50 seconds to the minute etc - I crapped my pants! it took me a while to work out it was April 1st.

nobody's game to pull those sorts of pranks anymore - we seem to have lost our sense of humour - well I'm laughing out loud now, and I'm sure VK is too.

Fohdeesha
03-31-2012, 10:14 PM
I totally want to call april fools, considering he pulled almost the exact same joke last year. Not to mention if this was true, do you think panasonic would let him "leak" this much information about their arrangement before panasonic says anything?

but it actually is the end of pannys fiscal year, so either he's telling the truth or really planned this april fools out, heh.

dcloud
03-31-2012, 10:49 PM
planned it out well, obviously. if ever it was true, there would be a press release.

Simon Shasha
04-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Noticed this post on his site: http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/2739/the-big-thing

Doesn't seem to be an April Fools prank (post is 31st of March). Pretty interesting - perhaps Canon should recruit the Magic Lantern team!

Cory Braun
04-01-2012, 01:33 AM

Yea that would be nice. The second a DSLR comes out with F3's DR, I'll be getting it. The D800 was looking promising with the flaat profiles, but that doesn't look like its going to work out anymore.

AdrianF
04-01-2012, 02:31 AM
I already got caught out this morning for a few minutes, by photo toaster. Feed in your photos and it will put the image on your toast. Had I of checked this thread first, I might have been fooled for a few minutes..
Well played timing wise by VK.

PJF
04-01-2012, 02:34 AM
In response to someone posting:

"Vitaliy didn't deny it's an April fools joke"

Vitaliy wrote:

"It is not fools joke."

You can interpret that as you please. ;-)

ethan cooper
04-01-2012, 02:37 AM

If they could make a GH2 with 10 - 12 stops of useable DR then I'd gladly give them 3 or 4 times the price of the current GH2. That's still dirt cheap for the quality you can squeeze out of one of those little guys.

I guess it annoys me somewhat that video has gotten into the megapixel race but has left us at 6 - 8 stops of DR forever. There's more to good images than cramming multiple photo sites on a chip. Most of us aren't making cinematic masterpieces that have any real chance of being projected on huge screens to be adored by millions. For the work I do 1080 will be a viable resolution for years to come, I simply don't need to shoot 8K so I can have a genital measuring contest with the next guy.

Danielvilliers
04-01-2012, 04:18 AM
The gh2 is ratted at about 11.5 stops on dxomark or sensorgen. I think there is a big hint that the next firmware will have new picture profile. In fact he said you won't be calling them picture profile and in another that Nick driftwood was working on lut tables. For me it means one thing, a log profile. I could be wrong but it sound like this. What I am curious is if it will be still 8 bit?

Danielvilliers
04-01-2012, 04:32 AM
For the Panasonic announcement, I don't think it will come in the sense that traditionally these corporate company do. I think it will remain more intimate, more community base and in a sense more exclusive. It won't be for Joe public, who might get a 50 mbit 422 codec in the standard gh2 or next gh3. But something more for the enthusiast that can unlock it as he will. This community will elevate the brand etc to the more knowledgeable users but not for the casual one. The communication is going to be more direct and intimate as for what VK said that there is a Panasonic guy that is going to participate into Personalview as from Monday.

All this is pointing out that it is no April fool joke. I don't see him doing it to that level because it would screw him up with a large part of the community. Asked about it he said it was no april fool joke, so guess 99% that it is not one.

Perry Morris Jr
04-01-2012, 05:18 AM
Finally, this is the most exciting news I've heard all year! I am so damn excited about this! I'm more excited about this than I was about the 3K for 3K Scarlet! Does anyone know any more details or additional information?

http://www.43rumors.com/vitaly-the-hacker-gets-hired-by-panaosnic-and-will-develop-firmwar-for-new-cameras/

richg101
04-01-2012, 05:24 AM
april fools.... what a shame:(

dcloud
04-01-2012, 05:58 AM
Gotcha!

lyrov
04-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Actually, the fact that these skilled people are NOT working for the big companies is the reason why we all now enjoy their hacks/firmwares...
So it better be a joke...

kurth
04-01-2012, 07:21 AM
....and no one's thought of the nefarious reasons why Panasonic might want to hire him ?

ethan cooper
04-01-2012, 07:27 AM
The gh2 is ratted at about 11.5 stops on dxomark or sensorgen.

There's a difference between measured DR and useable DR.

Lammy
04-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Cool news. It's not Aprils Fools... I hope...

....and no one's thought of the nefarious reasons why Panasonic might want to hire him ?

Even so, it doesn't mean another team of hackers (with potentially inside knowledge and a new alias...) couldn't continue the work outside the grid ;)

GioCanales
04-01-2012, 07:35 AM
I hope is false, that would limited his work due to corporate protection BS rules.

GioCanales
04-01-2012, 07:39 AM
BS.

MattLazz
04-01-2012, 07:43 AM
BS.

Wouldn't be so sure, Vitaliy has been teasing a big announcement for a few weeks

Jesse Brauning
04-01-2012, 07:56 AM
If this is true, I'm excited for it. The value comes from the fact the VK clearly has SOME idea of what we, the less-than-casual video users, want. He will communicate this to Panasonic, and we will see more features in future cameras that cater to us.

Aki_Hartikainen
04-01-2012, 08:00 AM

Exactly. That 11 or so f-stops is for non-moving RAW image. For heavily compressed video images with alive and constantly changing noise floor the practical DR is several f-stops less. Any method to get cleaner video images increases practical dynamic range.

MattLazz
04-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Very exciting (if true). Some quotes culled from that thread by VK:

"Already working on firmware v2.0 changes.
Some companies will be very upset with their $5000 cameras."

"After NAB 1080p60 will be considered past tense. Can't tell more, sorry."

"Any word on Picture profiles in the 2.0 firmware?
Can't talk prior NAB much. But can give you a clue. You won't call them Picture profiles in v2.0."

"Can you talk about the technical limits of the GH2?

It need some research, as no one made it fully, as I understand.

I know more about next Venus LSI limitations. Thing is I don't know how Canon and Nikon are planning to sell their video DSLR after upcoming releases."

"Q - Global shutter on the GH3?

A - NDA"

mcbob
04-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I always picture VK and Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko from Iron Man 2 as essentially the same person.

Danielvilliers
04-01-2012, 08:41 AM

Yes but it is the same for every camera they tested. So if the Canon are showing like 12 stop measured, it might be lower by the same margin as usable. So it gives you an idea, the same as the zacuto test. If they measure film at 14 and the alexa the same and the canon at 11 in video so they might all be proportionally lower. This is why these type of test are good because they unify evrerythin to the same standard.

Danielvilliers
04-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Exactly. That 11 or so f-stops is for non-moving RAW image. For heavily compressed video images with alive and constantly changing noise floor the practical DR is several f-stops less. Any method to get cleaner video images increases practical dynamic range.

In practice I see it completely differently. When I do photos, I am much more bothered by the DR than in video (When you cannot use tool like flash or reflectors). The reason for me is that a photo is static and the eye can move and focus on defects like the shadows at eye level when the sun is high. At the same DR level because most of the time the video cameras until now are much more contrasty than photo camera. While in a moving image, the eye or human perception is much more forgiving as the shadows move the face moves. This is the same for focusing, blur, resolution etc. The human perception is much more forgiving to moving images than still.

maranfilms
04-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Well put it this way. If Panisonic doesn't eventually try to connect with vitaley, then their somewhat foolish for not. As said above, he's the link between what could be a cash cow for pani. He has the insight to what the video community needs and wants, not to mention he's doing things that their engineers may not be able to do.

Danielvilliers
04-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Very exciting (if true). Some quotes culled from that thread by VK:

"Already working on firmware v2.0 changes.
Some companies will be very upset with their $5000 cameras."

"After NAB 1080p60 will be considered past tense. Can't tell more, sorry."

"Any word on Picture profiles in the 2.0 firmware?
Can't talk prior NAB much. But can give you a clue. You won't call them Picture profiles in v2.0."

"Can you talk about the technical limits of the GH2?

It need some research, as no one made it fully, as I understand.

I know more about next Venus LSI limitations. Thing is I don't know how Canon and Nikon are planning to sell their video DSLR after upcoming releases."

"Q - Global shutter on the GH3?

A - NDA"

What I feel from what he said, is that Panasonic is going to come with a big bang at NAB. So something like 60 fps, log profile and even 10 bit could be on the low end of the upcoming Panasonic camera releases. So these type of spec which seems surprising today could be just average to low in two week. The very very strong rumor of the NEX-FS700 (4k for $ 8000) is another indication that the manufacturers (japanese) coming with all gun blazing. Who would have thought that Sony would bring 4k at this price point. It seems that the Japanese manufacturers have decided to wake up and charge along. One thing is that perhaps they feel uncertainty in the market and they are perhaps afraid that someone is going to draw first something radical that would sway the market in their favor, so they don't want to take any chance. The second thing is that the dslr revolution has shown that there was a huge untap market in the large sensor camera look. That it would be better to sell in the hundred of thousand than in the thousand unit. A bit like the photo market.

Perry Morris Jr
04-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Sorry guys, they got me. I forgot it was April Fools Day! I'm almost embarrassed. LOL!

Digigenic
04-01-2012, 11:38 AM
....If this is true (I'd give that a 10% chance), ....There would be very little that Vitaly could offer them that they don't already know about their own camera. It would be to simply kill off any competition that their GH3 would be giving to their upper echelon video cameras.

Exactly. Panasonic understands how to optimize the camera to do all sorts of things, they created it! They don't need a hacker to help them improve it. Plus, they aren't going to spend money on starting some kind of hacker buyout program, it would never stop, and they're hemmoraging enough money as is. They will continue to distance themselves from any sort of hack because they can neither embrace it for fear of it ruining their planned obselecence camera heirarchy or attempt to banish it knowing it will only bring more attention to it and encourage people to hack their cameras more frequently.

In response to someone posting:

"Vitaliy didn't deny it's an April fools joke"

Vitaliy wrote:

"It is not fools joke."

You can interpret that as you please. ;-)

Interpreted to mean, he's not a fool making a joke. He's a clever person making a joke and everybody else are fool's.

Fohdeesha
04-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I always picture VK and Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko from Iron Man 2 as essentially the same person.

LOL same!

but yeah guys, it's april fools. What would panasonic need him for? No offense to vitality of course (love you and what you've done for us) - but Panny invented the original firmware, hardware etc, someone who only decompiled it, well, I'm sure they already have plenty of engineers on staff that do this on a daily basis

Ian-T
04-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I always picture VK and Ivan "Whiplash" Vanko from Iron Man 2 as essentially the same person.LOL....it's funny you say that.....

traviswears
04-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Read the thread. Doesn't sound like April Fools to me. Plus, was posted on the 31st. I believe it.

GrahamH
04-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Plus, was posted on the 31st. I believe it.

Nope, it was posted at 10min past midnight, Russian time. Too much of a coincidence ...

MattLazz
04-01-2012, 01:27 PM
April 1 is also the start of Panasonic's new fiscal year, as it is many companies

PJF
04-01-2012, 04:45 PM
About quarter of an hour 'till 9.00 Tokyo time, when might learn who the joke's on... ;-)

ras815
04-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Read the thread. Doesn't sound like April Fools to me. Plus, was posted on the 31st. I believe it.

ohhhhh-kay. Whatever you say! :tongue:

PJF
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
It was indeed an April Fools Joke.

atarijedi
04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
It was indeed an April Fools Joke.

Yep, seems so. The only way he can redeem himself is by making an AF100 hack!

tired
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Hitler finds out about VK's deal with Panasonic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7tr4YCe7CM)

GrahamH
04-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Hitler finds out about VK's deal with Panasonic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7tr4YCe7CM)

That was just perfect! Ha!

Stevet
04-01-2012, 06:19 PM
No doubt, one of the best fools joke!

Lammy
04-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I wonder if this April Fools will actually come true down the line? :O

stoneinapond
04-01-2012, 06:33 PM

The original film is actually amazing. But this takes the prize. Brilliant.

"I'd rather buy a 5DIII....

.....no I wouldn't."

Bassman2003
04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Too funny! The cult of the hack.

John Caballero
04-01-2012, 09:28 PM
It seems that the Japanese manufacturers have decided to wake up and charge along.

Oh, I said that a very, very long time. But is not that they "suddenly" woke up at all. It just takes a little while to develop any new technology and it seems that little while is passing. It is not magic, it is technology. Whenever they are ready they won't use guns they will use cannons! And of course we will benefit and they will make a few more billions and stay on top of the camera manufacturing business for some time more. Sorry Red but they are coming.

DPStewart
04-01-2012, 11:22 PM

YOU...

Are outta yer freakin' mind!

That was brilliant and hysterical!

traviswears
04-01-2012, 11:33 PM

Oops! :)

daveswan
04-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh, I said that a very, very long time. But is not that they "suddenly" woke up at all. It just takes a little while to develop any new technology and it seems that little while is passing. It is not magic, it is technology. Whenever they are ready they won't use guns they will use cannons! And of course we will benefit and they will make a few more billions and stay on top of the camera manufacturing business for some time more. Sorry Red but they are coming.

Don't you mean "Canons" :evil:

**** lights fuse and runs **** :D

John Caballero
04-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Don't you mean "Canons" :evil:

LOL!!!

tired
04-02-2012, 02:24 AM
YOU...

Are outta yer freakin' mind!

That was brilliant and hysterical!

:dankk2:.. I'm still chuckling to myself over the line "he can shove his bitrate up his arse"

but to be fair Ramboc's was posted 1st and was the 'official' announcement

rambooc1
04-02-2012, 02:37 AM
but to be fair Ramboc's was posted 1st and was the 'official' announcement

No they were both good, that's what made the whole thing better, people could relate to either or both.

I suggested Vitaliy use the Hitler clip as i had already done another video about Girls and the s-log, but VK wasn't sure it was suitable.
I didn't even know you were doing one as well Tired, so it was a surprise to me and i gotta laugh too.

I did have to tone mine down a bit, i think i had 3 swear words in one sentence in the original version i sent VK...haha
Typical bloody Aussies.

Cosimo Bullo
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
No, this was always clearly a joke. V at PV is the most anti-everything person I've ever contacted. Just cynical to a conspicuous level, and there's no way a company with a lot to loose like Panasonic could afford an above-board relationship with him. Driftwood, on the other hand is a seeming prince, and I can easily see him getting snatched up by an intelligent company wanting to put out the best product in this very competitive period of time.

PJF
04-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Man tells childish lie, man uses his own website to promote the childish lie, man then says 'gotcha!'

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quite enjoyed it all, myself. Was totally had at the beginning, because I had lost track of the date. As soon as Kholi replied I had a strong sense of being suckered, but the thing was being handled well enough to keep me at fifty - fifty. Many others too, by the looks of it. A very successful April Fools given the date and implausible material. The obvious giveaway, for which I need to be slapped for not noticing, was the new financial year commencing at the start of April 1st Japan time, but Vitaliy not posting until start of April Ist Moscow time. Duh.

Definite cheat in the middle with the straight denial (you'd think the guy was a hacker or something). Carrying it through into the next day with the whole "Tokyo time Q&A" was brilliant - I just had to stay up and see what happened.

The "downfall" videos were a good punchline. I especially enjoyed the second one's integration of Hitler's "Stalin" shout; at least I was only a fool for a day...

PJF
04-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh, crossposted with some major thread surgery. Hope my reply doesn't upset things.

GrahamH
04-02-2012, 04:15 PM
The "downfall" videos were a good punchline...

I missed at least one of those - got a link handy?

PJF
04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Half way down page six of "The Big Thing" thread for the first (just hit the play button and watch embedded) and top of page seven for the second.

CRFilms
04-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Prank based humor is CHEAP. It doesn't take much skill to lie then go, "Ha, ha! You fool, you believed what I said was true to actually be true."

Andy Kaufman gets put on a pedestal, but don't forget...he died unhire-able because people couldn't trust him anymore. Kaufman is considered a genius because he died tragically. If he'd lived, his rep would be half what it is today...at best.

Now I'm not saying what VK did is the same, but make no mistake....this kind of humor is CHEAP.

DPStewart
04-03-2012, 02:50 AM
Prank based humor is CHEAP. It doesn't take much skill to lie then go, "Ha, ha! You fool, you believed what I said was true to actually be true."

Andy Kaufman gets put on a pedestal, but don't forget...he died unhire-able because people couldn't trust him anymore. Kaufman is considered a genius because he died tragically. If he'd lived, his rep would be half what it is today...at best.

Now I'm not saying what VK did is the same, but make no mistake....this kind of humor is CHEAP.

Oh humbug!

True - VK's April fool's joke was a bit of a snore. I don't think I even broke a smile...
BUT it gave rise to "Tired's" Hitler video which was really funny and NOT cheap because of all the clever uses of references to people like cbrandin and Driftwood and the whole history of the hack.
Together the cheap gag and the ensuing activity created one of the most genuinely funny experiences I've come across in months.

Once again - job well done lads!

CRFilms
04-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Second problem...I posted virtually this same comment on the "Big Thing" thread....VK deleted it. Hit a bit too close to home?

PJF
04-03-2012, 05:01 AM
...this kind of humor is CHEAP.

Then it costs almost as little as ptool and all the settings.

CRFilms
04-03-2012, 06:07 AM
Then it costs almost as little as ptool and all the settings.

I've donated in the past...if I'd known more about VK then...I wouldn't have.

GrahamH
04-03-2012, 06:27 AM
I've donated in the past...if I'd known more about VK then...I wouldn't have.

Guys, seriously - what is the point of continuing this discussion? April Fool's jokes are what they are - and it was pointed out in the 2nd and 3rd posts of this thread that this likely was one.

Time to move on.

Kholi
04-03-2012, 02:28 PM
April fools is over, thread has run its course.

If you have a problem with VK go to his forum, this isn't your soapbox.