PDA

View Full Version : Action movies in New York?

InvictusX
06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
If anyone's currently working on an action movie in New York...

I'm an aspiring filmmaker very interested in making action movies of all kinds, though especially martial arts ones, and would love to see how a more professional production is made (any production is more professional than the backyard videos I've been doing so far). I humbly request anyone willing to have me on the set let me know when and where filming will take place. I could do some miscellanious tasks on the set (i.e. errands, etc), or be an extra guy to get kicked around (13 years of Tae Kwon Do, 5 Kung Fu)/shot up a bit. I could also bring an extra Canon XL-2 to be used, as a token of appreciation. Yeah, I'm pretty much desparate to meet other filmmakers in the area and get more experience with people who take the craft more seriously, no matter the production values, talent, or any other variables. Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Michael Johnson

DoubleIt
06-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Have you tried craigslist?

Dizkoteck
07-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Michael,

I'll keep your contact info. Im in the city and been wanting to make some martial arts flick of some sort. So far Ive only shot a martial arts instructional with some mini shorts complimenting it. Check out my website in a few days, I'll post a reel up.

I really gotta use my resources, I have a wrestling buddy who can do amazing stunts who knows 20 other who can do the same. His brother knows Go Ju karate and knows 3 other people who do, Ive worked with weapons before and a couple of DVXuser guys here as well. Lets make a Stargate action flick when Greco Roman Wrestlers travel in time going up against the Eastern Asian martial artists! yeah

InvictusX
07-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Cool. I actually did find a production called Black Pearl, I met a lot of cool martial artists on it and learned a lot about filmmaking. I'm hoping to put the experience to good use in my own short around the end of July/early August. What's your friends name, out of curiosity? I'm probably only going to be shooting for four-six days, and you're welcome aboard the set with any advice/input you might have. Other than those times, I'd love to work with you on a different action movie project. ...although maybe we can think of something better than the stargate idea.... But keep me posted if you do anything before August 28th.