PDA

View Full Version : Opening Titles - Graphics Design?

CineIlliterate
03-23-2012, 05:29 PM
Helloo, my name's Andy, I'm 16 and I'm in the process, currently, of creating my first feature film. I begin shooting in June, and plan to have the film done by the end of the year. I had a small request, or rather inquiry, to ask - and I wasn't sure if this was the right place for it or not, but here I am anyway.

I have a set idea in my head, for what I want the opening titles for my film to be. In fact, I've created them already myself... except on Windows Movie Maker... haha. Don't worry, I usually edit on Vegas! I was interested in finding out how other people may go about doing them - or if other people might be interested in helping out on them. The best way to describe them is just like those for Gaspar Noe's "Enter the Void". They're flashy and quick and insane, and set to a pumping techno beat which some people I know have already composed for me (the titles would have to be in time with this music, which was created, coincidentally - in time with the 'Void' ones). I've not a clue how they'd be done or how they can look anything like those from 'Void', but I'd love it if anybody here had any words of wisdom they could put forward. Thank you all!

Kind regards,
Andy.

CapVideo
05-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Start watching After Effects basics tutorials. Video Copilot has some fantastic basics programs for free: http://www.videocopilot.net/basic/

If you can get the basics down you should be able to make something suitable or you can even by stock intros and swap the text. videohive.net