PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Best day ever...

L1N3ARX
03-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I resell on ebay to pay for college and have a lot of stuff I've never even had the chance to look at... just sitting in boxes for nearly 2 years. So... today I found a box full of vintage lenses in nikon mount. JCPenny, Canon FD, Rokunar, Albinar... all kinds of weird brand lenses I've never even heard of. I'm practically salivating at all the potential. I think my GH2 has a few new play pals... I quickly tested a few and some look astonishing to be honest. I'll be doing a few videos soon enough to test 'em all out... but I just had to post this cause I was so freakin' excited!

Jaime Valles
03-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Sweet. Post pics of the lenses if you get a chance!

D.Future
03-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Sounds good; keep us posted.

Gerson
03-22-2012, 10:27 AM
That's excellent. Definitely post some videos and let us know what vintage lenses we should be looking for on eBay...

mpgxsvcd
03-22-2012, 01:03 PM
I resell on ebay to pay for college and have a lot of stuff I've never even had the chance to look at... just sitting in boxes for nearly 2 years. So... today I found a box full of vintage lenses in nikon mount. JCPenny, Canon FD, Rokunar, Albinar... all kinds of weird brand lenses I've never even heard of. I'm practically salivating at all the potential. I think my GH2 has a few new play pals... I quickly tested a few and some look astonishing to be honest. I'll be doing a few videos soon enough to test 'em all out... but I just had to post this cause I was so freakin' excited!

Sounds awesome. Where are you located? Where did you find the lenses? I wouldn't mind getting some of those lenses.

L1N3ARX
03-22-2012, 03:37 PM
I'll post some videos soon as I have a chance. About half the lenses are covered in thick dust and goop from being wrapped up in tape. I'll spend the next few days cleaning them and making sure they work. But I did at least take one lens out for a quick test, a little cheapo $20-30 lens- The Rokunar 35mm 2.8. This lens was pretty worn down and the aperture / focus rings were loose, dust all up in the nooks and crannies, but I thought it might still give me a little love, I'll post a video later tonight.

L1N3ARX
03-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Okay, since this thread is primarily about lenses, I've started a new thread over in the lens section devoted to testing out these newly acquired vintage lenses. I've posted the first video there testing out the Rokunar 35mm 2.8 !

Shankeith
03-27-2012, 09:18 AM
hold on...did you say...JCPenny lens?

L1N3ARX
03-27-2012, 01:04 PM
hold on...did you say...JCPenny lens?

Indeed haha, didn't even know that was a brand... that made lenses, or perhaps it's just a re-branding of a generic vintage lens.