PDA

View Full Version : GH2 rear dial-how to change aperture

neko30
03-20-2012, 07:29 PM
hi all,

just got my gh2 and am having problems trying to change aperture...

i read manual, which says to use rear dial (switching btwn. shutter speed and aperture adjusment
by pressing rear dial in).

but my rear dial switches btwn shutter speed and focus assist...

is there something in the menu i need to change?

thanks for help.

goro

scorsesefan
03-20-2012, 07:36 PM
A couple of things to try:

1). You may have shoot with lens off set to "on" which would make pressing dial the default focus assist or
2). Make sure you have the aperture assigned to the wheel.

Did you buy your gh2 new? If not the prev. user may have changed things around a bit.

robzila27
03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Are you using a third party lens (non Panasonic MFT)? in my experience, with third party lenses, the wheel defaults to focus assist when pressed.

neko30
03-20-2012, 08:14 PM
thanks for reply scorsesefan...

by 'lens off set to on'...do you mean 'shoot w/o lens' is set to on?

thanks.

neko30
03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
oh yeah...thanks for pointing that out robzila. i'm using sigma lens.

scorsesefan
03-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Yes, "shoot w/o lens" needs to be off when using lenses that communicate with gh2 (lumix lenses, etc.)

stoneinapond
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Yes, "shoot w/o lens" needs to be off when using lenses that communicate with gh2 (lumix lenses, etc.)

Not true. When the camera detects a lense it can communicate with, it automatically resets.

I have the "shoot w/o lens" setting permanently set to on. When I place my kit lens on the camera all electronic funtions work as usual.

...i'm using sigma lens.

If your sigma lens has no aperture control on the lens, you'll have to find other options. You cannot control aperture on a non Olympus/Panasonic lens with the rear wheel.

Gary Huff
03-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I have the "shoot w/o lens" setting permanently set to on. When I place my kit lens on the camera all electronic funtions work as usual.

I can confirm this is the case.