PDA

View Full Version : Camera in water effect?

Shauno
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have any inkling how to create an effect to blag that the camera is in water?

I have a scene where someone looks into the toilet and I have a shot from inside the toilet bowl. Now I just need to make it look like it is underwater?

Any ideas folks?

ErikTande
03-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Put a GoPro underwater.

swopiv
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Yeah, that. Or shoot upwards through a glass bottomed tank (fish tank?) positioned on a table or frame, taking care to avoid reflections. GoPro option would probably be quicker, easier and cheaper.

bgodoy
03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
As stated, using a Go Pro would probably the most realistic solution, however, you could always create a CG water element to get just what your looking for. All you would have to do is make sure the water's refraction level is just at the right intensity and that the element sits welll enough in your scene. In reality you might be able to get away with duplicating your footag and adding some displacement, transparency and a slight tint in AE.
-B

Sunk99
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Never tried it, but put some water in a resealable plastic bag and lay it on the lens. Postion the camera beside the toilet.

mail4joeg
03-21-2012, 04:27 PM
use a glass cookware 9x13 dish (or whatever) - mount the camera up, and support the dish properly so it cannot leak ontot he camera - slight ripples with fingers is all you need

mail4joeg
03-21-2012, 04:29 PM
there's also the classic (cliche) mirror at the bottom of a pan with water bouncing a watery reflection onto the actors - you could probably film on an angle that way too, down into a mirror with water on top of it, 45 degrees or some such