PDA

View Full Version : GH2 FIX to stop the VIEWFINDER / LCD from Changing

Ralph B
03-13-2012, 06:36 PM
We all know how the Viewfinder /LCD panel changes color/gamma when going from standby into record.

Well, today I stumbled upon a way to stop that from happening. Go to page 4 of the Custom menu and set CONSTANT PREVIEW to OFF.

That's it.

Now the viewfinder will appear the same in standby as it is in recording.

LoganMackay
03-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Still getting some image shift.

PaPa
03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Mine's always been off and I still get it.

Ralph B
03-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Sorry, false alarm. However, setting CONSTANT PREVIEW to ON does affect how the viewfinder / LCD behaves when you shoot with shutter speeds faster than 1/1000 sec. Basically, it's not good. If set to ON, the viewfinder doesn't respond to shutter speeds faster than 1/1000 sec when in standby. When you hit record, suddenly the viewfinder jumps to the real exposure.

I was shooting in bright daylight at 1/2000 sec and wondering why the viewfinder was acting so bizarre.

When CONSTANT PREVIEW is OFF, this doesn't happen - in standby, the viewfinder does respond to shutter speeds faster than 1/1000. So, CONSTANT PREVIEW = OFF is the correct setting.

Kholi
03-14-2012, 10:25 AM
The best thing you can do to avoid shift is to lower the lcds contrast, raise the brightness all the way, and switch the backlight mode to 1.