PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Craighoit
03-04-2012, 08:39 PM
We are incredibly lucky. Just think about the time we're living in - all moments in time are historic by definition, but few are Historic with a capital "H". I really think we're in one of those, a moment where everything changes. We're going to be able to say "we were there and we were a part of it."

Think about the low-cost gear (ok, relatively low cost - my wife has some choice words to say about this) we have. I've worked in advertising for the last too many years to count, and a commercial that cost 400k and was shot on 35mm film with weeks of VERY expensive post, can now be made with equipment that many of us have and edited and color corrected on an iMac. It's staggering.

But beyond the advances in technology, the thing that makes this time so amazing and so awesome is right in front of me. In front of you, too. Forums like this where we can all learn from one another are probably even more important and valuable than the latest advances in DSLRs and software. Nothing is created in a vacuum. and the collaborative nature of film is only magnified by out ability to connect like this wherever we may be in the world.

After much research, I've recently purchased a GH2. A lot of that research was done here at dvxuser. So now, after purchasing a few Canon FD lenses (please don't tell my wife) I'm thinking, when money allows, of getting a follow-focus and an external monitor. Guess where I'm looking for reviews, information and reccomendations?

So a huge thank you to the moderators and everyone here, and I look forward to becoming a member of this great community.

Craig

Jason Ramsey
03-06-2012, 10:48 AM
welcome. hope you enjoy the site.

Perry Morris Jr
03-06-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm a Scarlet Looser, came here because I love and is satisfied with the GH2 and soon to purchase AF100. I know most of you guys here and I sure many of you know me from that other site. I hope to get it popping over here!