PDA

View Full Version : Wait times for C300?

cowpunk52
03-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Ordered my C300 on January 30th from AbelCine, but can't get any update from them about how long the wait might be to get my camera (my salesperson won't return my calls for some reason). Pretty dissappointed in them so far for this since it's my first purchase with them, but whatever. I actually just ran into an Abel employee this afternoon and asked him about it, and he said not to expect it before the end of April. Really? 3 month wait for January orders? Is anyone hearing something different from other dealers? Is this an accurate estimate?

dustylense
03-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Did you order PL or Eos? You could probably get a 5dmk3 faster than your C300. Patience young Jedi...

cowpunk52
03-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Ha ha - yeah, good point! I ordered the EF version. I know, I know... Patience. And honestly, if I have to wait until April, that's fine - I'll deal. I just wish they would tell me instead of ignoring calls. Just wondering if others are getting or have gotten similar estimates, or if this guy I randomly ran into was way off base.

Joseph Blea
03-03-2012, 02:29 PM
I ordered mine from B&H back in January on the day they started taking pre-orders on their website after Canon made the announcement for US distributors and pricing.
They have been sending me an email every week apologizing that they don't have my order in stock. I got my last automated "apology" on Thursday morning, and then one hour later I got
an email telling me my order had shipped and it should be here on Tuesday.

J Michael
03-03-2012, 03:02 PM
A Canon rep at the Atlanta Cutters get together a week or so ago said they could get one in a week or two. I don't recall them mentioning lens mounts. BTW, is the lens mount swappable like on the Scarlet?

Nuno Dias
03-03-2012, 04:04 PM
April seems far too long a time to wait for the camera, something's wrong there. Unless there's a misunderstanding in your order, because the PL mount does only come later in March or April.

Noel Evans
03-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Cow Abelcine are pretty stand up guys - well I'm only going based on Mitch and Andy that frequent here. Drop one of them a message and I'm sure you'll get some clearer information.

J Davis
03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
is the lens mount swappable like on the Scarlet?
no

alpi69
03-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Cow, I got told (reliable source) that in Europe some countries didnīt order enough up front. The distributors didnīt "believe" in the cam and now orders are higher than expected. Hence the delay over here. The guy said the UK is getting good volumes and so does the US.

I doubt you have to wait until late April. But my source admitted no one knows what volumes are going out right now. They only believe in a shipping when they see it in the front-door. I am waiting too BTW.....

3hats
03-04-2012, 06:04 AM
Cow
Abel is an excellent vendor. They can be a bit conservative on their ship dates. They told me not to expect anything until march or April ( back in February) A week later I received my C300. Your sales guy should return your calls, though. bad form
hang in
Bill

cowpunk52
03-06-2012, 01:23 PM
Ok, finally got off the phone with someone else at Abel (still not my salesperson). Orders placed with them before January have a March expected delivery. Orders placed during January (mine was placed on the 30th) are expected to deliver in April. Orders placed after January, well, god only knows if you'll ever get it :)

Unfortunately, I have a shoot where I need the camera in mid-April, so I'm not sure what I should do at this point. I'm a little disappointed by the crazy lead time from Abel, but I guess that's what happens when you order with such a large supplier that regularly handles higher profile clients. They probably have many more pre-orders than other vendors. Filmtools said orders placed today would likely be filled by the end of the month, so maybe I should just move on to another vendor. Maybe I should try to go ahead and get on Abel's list of for the C300mkII :grin:

Damn, I hating cutting things so close like this.

dustylense
03-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Rent.

dustylense
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
or call this guy http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?276685-Brand-new-sealed-box-canon-c300-ef-mount

Stephen Mick
03-06-2012, 02:41 PM
There's one for sale in the marketplace, FYI.

cowpunk52
03-06-2012, 02:48 PM
I saw that - tempting...

But honestly, I will probably just keep my order in with Abel. Like I said, I don't absolutely need it until the middle of April, and after speaking with the producer, that shoot can be delayed a week or two if necessary. While it would be nice to have a camera before then, I'm not going to lose anything by waiting - except my own mind, possibly ;)

I hate to make snap decisions based on my own lack of patience, and for purchases of this magnitude, I prefer to buy straight from an authorized dealer rather than a third party. After venting online, I get a clearer head about the realities of the situation.

NeedCreative
03-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Rule Boston Camera seems to be getting them rather quickly too. I ordered in early Jan, and got mine Feb 14th.