PDA

View Full Version : AC160 Remote lens controllers for the AC160

Captain Video
02-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if the Libec ZC-3DV lens zoom controller will work with the new AC160? Any other suggestions for zoom AND focus controllers that fit on the tripod handle?

Thanks

mkfotos.com
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
I have and tried both the Varizoom PFZI and VZStealthPZFI. They both do the same thing, and work about as well as expected.

Captain Video
02-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the tip!

kwkeirstead
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
I bought the Manfrotto 521PFI (focus and iris) and find that it works fine. I later discovered that you can get zoom + start/stop + focus + iris at one device but what I have in conjunction with the remote (zoom and start/stop) that comes with the AC160 covers all bases.

I spent time looking for a loupe but with the viewfinder set to black/white and Focus Assist framing turned on, I don't feel a need for anything more sophisticated at present.

As for camera stabilization, here is a place where a person can spend big bucks. I plan to do everything on tripod to see where this takes me before I start worrying about following actors up/down stairs or circling around objects.

Too many gadgets, no time, no money.

rzr219
04-28-2012, 06:01 AM
I was going to go with Varizoom but after reading up and currently using a older 521 for my Sony I went with Manfrotto 521 PFI (Focus and Iris) & 521 P (Zoom, start and stop) . These are older units as Manfrotto now has a all in one unit. I wanted 2 units one for each pan arm, you get a much smooth control having 2 arms no shaking and better feel, plus you have enough fingers to control each unit. I bought each on Ebay, I spent a total of $200. If you have time shop on eBay and save at least 50%, if you don't buy new. Hope this helps.

kwkeirstead
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM
I like the idea of two pan arms and suspect that such a setup might indeed give a smoother control.