PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Firmware 1.1 Audio Cable Question?

smoke23
12-29-2011, 07:34 AM
I've read here http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?269255-Thankyou-Panasonic-for-the-GH2-firmware-1.1-yes-it-does-do-25p-and-30p/page8 that the external mic sensitivity is finally correct. I've got an H4 (not H4N) that has line out and headphone out. Can anybody confirm that you really don't need the secom cable anymore with the new 1.1 firmware upgrade? I just got the recorder and didn't know if I need to really buy one anymore. Thanks!

yoclay
12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I would be curious to know this as well...

DrDave
12-29-2011, 11:16 AM
I've never had a problem with the mic input so I can't say. I always just set it to the lowest notch. Even if it is better (and I can move up to notch two) you would need to test your particular mic or line level because the distortion can be at the mic preamp stage or capsule resonance. Easy enough to test. Of course the in camera audio is pretty cheesy, I only use it as a scrubbing track. But I like to hook up a real mic to it anyway so the waveform looks real and as a backup of last reserve. If you are using the zoom by all means just record the audio to the zoom. I don't think in audio there are any guarantees about clipping.