PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Looks like SLR MAGIC 12mm 1.6 will be shipping this week!!!!

Justyn
12-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Greetings,

Just an FYI to all those waiting eagerly for the SLR Magic 12mm 1.6. Andrew just contacted me regarding a payment and I should be getting the lens on Wednesday of this week. Happy Christmas to me. Just thought I'd let people know. I'm going to get a chance to put it to work over Christmas.

Cheers all.

OldCorpse
12-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Cool. Let us know how you like it - for video work. Here's one review (http://www.43rumors.com/my-little-slr-magic-hyperprime-12mm-f1-6-field-test/) - a bit iffy.

ed_lee83
12-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Huh, didn't know they were based in Hong Kong. Must pay them a visit...

Justyn
12-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Well i know about the lens flare aspect, but I kind of like that stuff and it's supposed to disappear at F2. Also, it does not have aperature stops so it's really one of the only cinema style lenses in this price point. I think at 500 bucks it's a great option. The Tokina 11-16 that I rent is an awesome lens but it too has some drawbacks.

We'll see soon enough how it performs and having seen what Seb Varges (sp) shot, I was completely and instantly sold. No matter what make or model, I need a fast 11-14mm lens as I don't have one but renting has been a decent option up till now....
I'll post some footage and a review after I get the darn thing....

FrameFarmMedia
12-18-2011, 06:32 PM
I need a fast 11-14mm lens as I don't have one but renting has been a decent option up till now....
I'll post some footage and a review after I get the darn thing....

Can't wait to see more shots of this lens. I too am in the market for something fast and wide in the new year and was looking at the Tokina 11-16 but I am really starting to lean towards the Hyperprime 12mm.

I really hope they produce enough of these little lenses as the demand seems to be very high.

Zxander34
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I'll wait for more reviews to surface before I buy, but it sounds promising.

Justyn
12-18-2011, 09:58 PM
The Tokina is a great lens. I'll see soon enough at how well this handles things. For that price though of the Tokina, I would probably buy the Olympus 12mm F2. I just think that this lens at this price is hard to beat so it's my Christmas present to myself.

I'm just shocked at what a 77mm ND fader will set me back. I'm going to try a cheap one first and see if it's passable...