PDA

View Full Version : GH2 New V1.1 firmware features video walk through

mpgxsvcd
12-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Here is a video demonstrating the V1.1 firmware features. If you have any questions just ask in the comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZbbI7TLI-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZbbI7TLI-M

greeches
12-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Great overview!

Minor
12-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Thank you, the new AF looks excitingly great! Maybe even usable for shooting!

mpgxsvcd
12-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Thank you, the new AF looks excitingly great! Maybe even usable for shooting!

I have shot manual focus for video over the last couple of years. I also said that the AFC of the GH2 was good but it was not better than plain old MF or perhaps AFS in some situations.

However, I just got back from selling ALL of my manual focus glass. I used AFC for several videos last night and while it is not perfect, it is very good now. Using the touch screen in combo with AFC in video works extremely well now.

Bravo Panny!

paulhouston
12-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Thank you very much mpgxsvcd for yet another highly helpful video tutorial! By watching it you have saved me at least half a days experimenting myself.

The only thing I will test is whether the AF has improved or not with some of the 4/3 lenses in general and the Oly 35-100mm f/2 zoom in particular. Will do a v1.0 vs. v1.1 comparison test this weekend.

mpgxsvcd
12-09-2011, 01:02 PM
Thank you very much mpgxsvcd for yet another highly helpful video tutorial! By watching it you have saved me at least half a days experimenting myself.

The only thing I will test is whether the AF has improved or not with some of the 4/3 lenses in general and the Oly 35-100mm f/2 zoom in particular. Will do a v1.0 vs. v1.1 comparison test this weekend.

If you send me your 35-100mm I will gladly test it for you. :) Insert jealous emoticon here.

SuperSet
12-09-2011, 01:39 PM
This is a great overview and really helps to translate to newish guys lke me, how the new features work.
Like the OP, I largely use AF during video so manual focus lenses aren't a primary consideration.