PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Low audio volume on GH2?

gdi
12-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I just got my GH2 and it seems to have an audio problem. I do a test recording and when I play back (in camera) I can barely hear the volume even though I have the mic levels at max as well as the playback volume at max. Could I be missing something? I had a GH1 and I could playback and hear the volume just fine.

Thanks

gdi
12-08-2011, 04:25 AM
No ideas? Or is it just that no one uses playback back from the camera? I would appreciate any insight, I am trying to decide whether to return the camera today.

Thanks

FrameFarmMedia
12-08-2011, 06:43 AM
I just got my GH2 and it seems to have an audio problem. I do a test recording and when I play back (in camera) I can barely hear the volume even though I have the mic levels at max as well as the playback volume at max. Could I be missing something? I had a GH1 and I could playback and hear the volume just fine.

Thanks

I usually expect playback in camera to be low as the speaker isn't large and not really designed for screening. I usually have the mic levels on the display so at least I know what levels I am getting.

I have no idea where the speaker is on the camera maybe you have your hand over it when reviewing clips? I know I have done that on my cellphone when watching youtube.

gdi
12-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks, I have checked to see that I am not covering up the speaker. The volume is incredibly low, so I think there is a problem with the camera.

I was hoping someone could confirm that the camera should play back at a reasonable level before I send it back.

flinty
12-08-2011, 09:22 AM
So the problem is that volume is low on the GH2 playing in the camera,i presume you have tested the sound volume playing back to a tv which is all that matters.

gdi
12-08-2011, 01:19 PM
So the problem is that volume is low on the GH2 playing in the camera,i presume you have tested the sound volume playing back to a tv which is all that matters.

I guess you are right Flinty, I did hear from others who said that the camera speaker is practially inaudible - it seems fine on the TV.

Thanks