PDA

View Full Version : GH2 GH2 in-camera blurring

andreaok
12-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Can someone help me figure out why my camera blurs no matter how fast or slow the movement is or even the shutter speed (which i changed many times to test, still the same result). The example is below:

http://vimeo.com/33160971

Is there a setting I'm overlooking? Thanks in advance.

PDR
12-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Are you sure the original footage looks like that? It looks like it could be a mismatched FPS setting in your editing software, and you have frame blending turned on

andreaok
12-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Are you sure the original footage looks like that? It looks like it could be a mismatched FPS setting in your editing software, and you have frame blending turned on

Ah thanks, I found that frame blending had been automatically activated so I'll export it again. I just started using Premiere, though, should it really be doing that when I drop a 23.976fps video into a 24p timeline? Also yes, I do see some "smearing" blur when I move the camera back and forth as a test...

PDR
12-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Ah thanks, I found that frame blending had been automatically activated so I'll export it again. I just started using Premiere, though, should it really be doing that when I drop a 23.976fps video into a 24p timeline? Also yes, I do see some "smearing" blur when I move the camera back and forth as a test...

"smearing" might be "normal" depending on the movement and camera settings like shutter speed

But "ghosting" or double images , such as in that vimeo video isn't normal

Why are you using a 24p timeline? (I'm assuming you mean 24.0 ) , instead of blended frames, there will be a duplicate frame added (jerky)

Ideally, everything should match (23.976 footage on a 23.976 timeline, with 23.976 export)

andreaok
12-07-2011, 06:18 PM

Thanks a lot, PDR! You really helped me. About the timeline... I'd figured that it was true 24fps, but then read it was actually 23.976 and thought it was supposed to be matched with the former (24).