PDA

View Full Version : GH2 GH2 CAN work with Livestream and stream live HD via hdmi out...

Blackout
12-05-2011, 12:11 PM
For my live show I was trying to go HD with multiple GH2s via the hdmi out - and Livestream calls the GH2 a toy and will not offer any support but I DID get it working after much much much frustration.

Livestream & the GH2 are a complicated beast. It is not an officially supported camera and there are issues with getting the HDMI out to be recongnized by a blackmagic card or blackmagic shuttle. When you finally do get past this hurtle, you can't use the audio because it's either not there or out of sync. After many frustrating combinations I actually got the GH2 working and livestreaming in HD over livestream with multiple cameras.... and audio in sync. I was so frustrated at this point that during one of the tests I picked up one of my puppets and was cursing at the cameras and computer yet this time it was actually working....... until....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFGMuADlWUY

WARNING: PG-13 strong angry language from a pissed off wizard.
I figured you guys would get a laugh out of this.

- Blackout

Lez
12-05-2011, 12:16 PM
??? all a bit strange... I like the trapcode logo... (dropdrop)..

Cheers

Blackout
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
That was with no light and the kit lens which is a bad combo cause I'm at 3200 iso.... to see some stunning livestream streaming live HD footage with the GH2 hdmi out look at this:

http://www.livestream.com/blackoutsbox/video?clipId=pla_ceb60153-6200-47c0-95a5-9168f973db8e

60i converted to 30p live via livestream's procaster.

Lens: pancake 20mm 1.7

Be sure to full screen it.

bming1
02-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Hey Blackout, how did you finally get the GH2 to stream via Livestream? Would you mind sharing your setup with us? I've volunteered my services to help stream a fund-raiser in a couple of weeks and would like to be able to use my GH2 to do so, if at all possible. Would appreciate your input immensely. Thanks!