PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Non-OEM batteries losing charge without being used...

aljudy
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
I have a couple of non-OEM batteries: they say DSTE. I originally charged them and tested them in my GH2 and they worked but don't show battery status as is well known. This was about two or three months ago. I have been carrying them around in my bag thinking I would use them when I ended up discharging my two Panasonic OEM batteries.

Well this Thanksgiving it happened, but when I tried to use them they were completely discharged. This was surprising since other Lithium Ion batteries I have hold their charge well; for example I have several power tools with Li-Ion batteries that do not discharge like this.

I wanted to share this and also want to see if anyone else has had this experience. The batteries are now charged and work as they did when I bought them... Al

mevnet
11-28-2011, 08:15 AM
hi there, all batteries have a small discharge current but some (usually cheaper) ones have it higher than usual. From my experience it is hard to know in advance how they will perform.
Example:
OEM GoPro batteries - high discharge current, they go dead in a month of non-use
AA batteries, Sanyo Enelop are very good, Energizer ones not so much
Canon S95 OEM and non-OEM performing the same way, no visible discharging over time
in my experience the OEM GH2 batteries are holding up pretty well.