PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Dealing with the Hacked GH2 and SDHC cards

DevonH
11-19-2011, 01:42 PM
My GH13 does reasonably well with record time (25 minutes with the Blackout Patch, I believe), but I'm becoming slightly worried about the GH2 and Driftwood, as I'm seeing reports of 5-6 minute record times per 16GB card.

While doing business video, this would be somewhat of an issue. While most commercial takes only last a few seconds, doing sit down, interview style commercials will be a hassle if I have to frequently change the card. I can't see shooting a wedding with that sort of limitation.

So, do I go for either 32GB or 64GB Cards, or is there something I'm overlooking?

mcbob
11-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Use a more aggressive setting for 24H (highest quality/bitrate), and a less aggressive setting for 24L (span & duration tolerant). Or, bring locked 2GB SD cards preloaded with different patch settings and change in the field as shooting needs dictate.

It's not a "choose once and cope" sort of scenario.

DevonH
11-19-2011, 03:04 PM
You're right. ;)

Lucas Adamson
11-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I hadn't thought to do this but yes, you're absolutely right. I have never used the lower quality setting, as it is intuitively less than ideal for picture quality, but of course in reality it's just an opportunity to put two distinct hacks on the same camera simultaneously.