PDA

View Full Version : GH2 I am New, I love the GH2 - but I have guestions as I am a NOVICE!!!!

bushidowarrior
11-19-2011, 05:32 AM
Hello All and thank you for letting me be here.

I have a GH2 and it is the first time I have spent, what I consider a lot of money on a camera.

I am a making a studio and the camera will always be in the same position, white back ground, lights etc.

I am using a Matrox mx02 to capture the video and the audio from a pro mic.

My questions.

In live mode, what can I do:

1. I would like to have AF while recording in live view.
2. Is there anything else I can do In live view which I do not know.
3. Also, what about the AWB, can you turn it off.

I have been reading a lot about camera etc, however I am still new. I know Adobe Premier really well, but I have never had to capture my own stuff.

Thank you all so much for your help :)

I am using the studio to record one person talking. Always the same setup

John Caballero
11-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Gh2 is a great camera. Yes you can have AF while video recording. You can see what you are recording in live view OR thru the viewfinder itself. In addition to AWB you have the choice of presets or custom white balance. I don't see the wisdom on capturing with the Matrox but to each his own. I just pop an SD card in and shoot. Quality is great. Nothing to attach the cam to. Also I don't understand the cam in same position with white background thing but I don't know what you are shooting. Good luck.

bushidowarrior
11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Gh2 is a great camera. Yes you can have AF while video recording. You can see what you are recording in live view OR thru the viewfinder itself. In addition to AWB you have the choice of presets or custom white balance. I don't see the wisdom on capturing with the Matrox but to each his own. I just pop an SD card in and shoot. Quality is great. Nothing to attach the cam to. Also I don't understand the cam in same position with white background thing but I don't know what you are shooting. Good luck.

thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I am using the matrix because I want extremely superior audio, sign using a xlr are preamp and special mic. the microphone within the GH2 is good, but I need something better for my project.

Re: I do not want to move the camera, it is like a news show. If you could imagine. So the camera would stay static.

this is why I do not want to record directly to the camera. I only want to use the live view.

Regarding the AWB, can it be disabled, so it does not adjust the light.

Thank you all for your support

GrahamH
11-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Well something you need to know is the color changes when you hit 'record'. There was a discussion about live streaming started by Blackout yesterday where seveal folk said the output while recording is better, and so recommended he have the camera recording (at low bitrate to a big card to gain plenty of time) while streaming the output from the hdmi.

I also wonder why you are capturing to the matrix rather than an Sd card?

bushidowarrior
11-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Well something you need to know is the color changes when you hit 'record'. There was a discussion about live streaming started by Blackout yesterday where seveal folk said the output while recording is better, and so recommended he have the camera recording (at low bitrate to a big card to gain plenty of time) while streaming the output from the hdmi.

I also wonder why you are capturing to the matrix rather than an Sd card?

THanks

The matrox becuase of the audio

GrahamH
11-19-2011, 06:32 AM
THanksThe matrox becuase of the audio You don't want to run you mic into the Gh2's audio input?

bushidowarrior
11-19-2011, 06:36 AM
You don't want to run you mic into the Gh2's audio input? Quality is not good enough. I had done some tests. I need to capture really good audio

John Caballero
11-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Like I said, there are other settings in addition to AWB to choose from. For the audio most people use a Zoom H4N or now Tascam has the DR40 which is similar to the Zoom but less expensive. BH has it on sale for $157.00.

bushidowarrior
11-20-2011, 06:52 AM
Like I said, there are other settings in addition to AWB to choose from. For the audio most people use a Zoom H4N or now Tascam has the DR40 which is similar to the Zoom but less expensive. BH has it on sale for $157.00.

Hello,

Could you give me more information about the AWB and what do you mean when you say there is more to choose from

Thank you

bushidowarrior
11-22-2011, 03:30 AM
Hello all,

I have the AF working now all the time in live view.

Thank you