PDA

View Full Version : GH2 Shutter Priority Mode

skyak
11-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Why is it that when you shoot video in P, S or A mode, the shutter speed and/or aperture (as applicable) and iso (in auto iso) are not displayed on the evf/lcd? Is there a reason for this?

I like the way when you take stills they are all shown in P, S or A mode.

MR Fanny
11-14-2011, 11:37 PM
i guess the question would be what would you do with the information if it were show in those modes. maybe its just efficient to focus the most effort towards calculating the variables in those modes and recording than to display it, which may take up some processing however minute?

skyak
11-15-2011, 06:28 AM
I just find it interesting to see what the exposure algorithm chooses. I have been using shutter priority mode a lot, but am now starting to get into using manual mode more.

mpgxsvcd
11-15-2011, 07:30 AM
Why is it that when you shoot video in P, S or A mode, the shutter speed and/or aperture (as applicable) and iso (in auto iso) are not displayed on the evf/lcd? Is there a reason for this?

I like the way when you take stills they are all shown in P, S or A mode.

They are not displayed when the camera is controlling those parameters because they are constantly varying. It would be annoying and probably processor/battery intensive to display the constantly changing values. Shoot pictures while taking videos and you will be able to see how the settings change from the picture's EXIF data.