PDA

View Full Version : SLAP - my new movie

roman705
05-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Hey everyone,

I just completed my new movie, SLAP. Any feedback (good/bad) would be greatly appreciated.

FYI: It's only going to be up on the site for a couple of weeks and then I'll be pulling it down due to upcoming film festival submissions. Check it out while you can.

Thanks everyone!

-Roman

http://www.sevenohfive.com/videos/slapmoviefinal_small.mov

pyrohtml
05-16-2005, 07:53 AM
I liked it. Good luck with your festivals.

Patskee
05-22-2005, 04:36 AM
Cool film! I liked it too :thumbsup:

Just one thing, where have I seen that one actress before? The one with the purple hat thing on her head... I've seen here somewhere, but i can't quite place her....

Anyways, keep on keeping on!

EDIT: Yeah I found out... She's from Paradise Hotel! I knew I had seen her somewhere...

Walter_Graff
05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
I liked it although I thought the gimmick became a gimmick about half way through and at that point all I kept asking was when is someone going to get slapped again and lost interest in the story Another thing that bothered me was the change of camera angles from one "person" to another. While it worked for me when the girl walks up to the guy with the water bottle, being we are her for that moment and I accepted that, it felt out of place in the other spots and begged me to ask, was he talking to me or them and was I them or me the viewer. Changing 'person' is tricky and can throw an audience (I was). Visually I liked the feel of it as it felt very verite and the whip transition works well. Perhaps I would have looked for another angle in the same third person instead of identical over the shoulder shots each time just to keep it from getting visually stagnant.

eignacio
05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey, I've been watching your stuff for the past few years. Great to see this new one!