PDA

View Full Version : Custom fs100 top handle in stock- first photos here

plasticam
10-23-2011, 12:31 PM
In stock and shipping. (that sounds nice after 3 months of work!) These are just iphone snaps-
real photos coming soon.

The matte finish matches the camera perfectly.
I think it looks pretty cool- love to hear your reactions. So hey we did it- and you heard it about it all here on DVXuser first. This site has been a great resource. Thx guys.

The pictured 15mm low profile clamps are shown with both versions of the optional finger locking screws. With a tight twist I physically cannot turn a 15mm bar they have "bit" into- and I really tried. We pay almost $5 apiece for these screws (painful but true) so are selling them as an option for $12.50 a set (2 screws) right now. They work perfectly.

I've been calling this the Pistol Grip handle which is changing to the ShotGrip handle because we will be introducing a true pistol grip handle that mounts on lower rails and fits (and triggers) all cameras with rods. More in the next few weeks on this, it will be black walnut, rosette mounted and I'll show the CAD drawings when available. A cheeseplate handle combo is coming as well with a fixture for top mounting iris rods on a standard 60mm center. Also I'm going to see about fitting it to a RED which will be interesting.

I've been using this handle for a few weeks now and after you start using it there is no going back. It makes the camera better. USA made, ships worldwide. Thanks again!

Order link below. Here is the 'shortie' version (7 inch) cased and ready. The onboard monitor is swung away and makes a perfect fit. (the other side of monitor is velcro which grabs my case lining material -
making the clunkiest camera grab ever witnessed ;)
intro clip here- http://vimeo.com/2977256642625 (http://vimeo.com/29772566)

dstoe
10-24-2011, 12:45 AM
Thanks Caleb, This looks good.

Looking forward to my shipping notice. ;)

Dominik

plasticam
10-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Dominik,

I'm working hard today to send you that shipping notice! All handles should go out today. Orders with clamps may wait until tomorrow - something about an assembly part still on the UPS truck and due here (at manufacturer) tomorrow. I'm sorting this out and will post again later. Product will begin shipping today and confirmations will follow for every order. I expect every order will be sent by tomorrow. We're on it!

below are the finished walnut grips drying on shop trays and Handle No. 1 parked over the Cross River in Maine.

Granville
10-24-2011, 10:31 AM
Congratulations. Looks like some nice workmanship.

plasticam
10-24-2011, 03:49 PM
Thanks Granville, the guys who make these are throwback toolmakers & good guys. You'd have to drive a long way to find another shop like it. The boss even brews a spot of beer out back ;)

They have not sent shipping confirms to me yet, which does not mean product is not on the truck. I met with them all for an hour this morning and went over the international forms and a general way for us to start the shipping/tracking process. This is our first round of shipping and they are setting it all up from scratch. If you have an order in with us your shipping confirm email will be arriving soon now. Thx guys.

plasticam
10-26-2011, 07:11 AM
All shipping confirmations should be out soon. We've been going through a New England wide service interuption with Cox Roadrunner internet service. It's extremely frustrating as the shop who ships the handles uses them. I do as well but have an iphone back up. This has been messy, my apology. Service is restored currently and I'm playing catch up ball now.

plasticam
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
All shipping went out yesterday except Russia which cannot be processed online.
I don't know why. Neither intl nor domestic priority offer tracking- so I'm told right now.
Russian orders were sent today by hand.

So all orders shipped. We now have stock and will ship within 48 hrs.
Thanks for your patience to our first customers!!

SergeSmArt
10-28-2011, 10:15 AM

rx8pilot
10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Caleb,

Welcome to the big time.

plasticam
10-28-2011, 11:49 AM
;) Thanks Mate. There's always room at the bottom I hear.

SergeSmArt
10-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Sorry mate, this ain't bhphoto.com. I'm a working DP ... Oh, yes .. I see ... sorry about it...

SergeSmArt
10-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Why did you edit your post?
I found my English not good enough to be here... so.. I will never talk to anyone on this site again

plasticam
11-01-2011, 05:14 AM
42624FS100 with new ShotGrip "shortie" handle (7 inch version) cased.