PDA

View Full Version : Music Video :: Concept

TimB
10-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Hi all.

Seriously struggling here.

KEY WORD: REDEMPTION

Im shooting a Music Video for a band who have given me a concept. Their concept is to have the instruments "bleed" throughout the song, however I cannot figure out any way of doing this. They dont want rotoscoping, but for me to shoot it literally will cover me in continuity errors. (I dont see how this shows redemption)

Any suggestions on what I can do?

If you have any other redemption ideas that are performance based, please let me know!

clang
10-23-2011, 01:12 PM
So they want the video to show them performing the song, but their instruments should appear to literally bleed, i.e. drip blood in a horror move sort of way?

Yup, not clear how that shows redemption either, but that's musicians for you :)

Unless there's a lot of money to rig instruments with tubes to gush fake blood, I don't see any easy way to film this. Sounds really messy, and would possibly ruin the instruments - might need to use crappy old cheap instruments and the band just pretends to play them? And you're right, continuity would be a hassle, you'd pretty much need to film the whole thing several times and clean up between each performance - unless you can film with multiple cameras and pray there's at least one usable shot throughout.

emEMMAma
10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
If you have intruments you can ruin, it shouldnt coast you too much to rig them to bleed with turkey basters and plastic tubing, I'd you are on a tight budget. I had to do something similar for a video in the past and that's how I pulled it off. I was just art though and continuity was not my problem, although I would highly recommend several cameras. Other than that I think clang said it best.

TimB
10-24-2011, 05:38 AM
Thanks guys! You confirmed my fears. The client has asked me to try. but has accepted another concept if it doesnt work. Was up till 3:30am doing it. Fun. Thanks again!