PDA

View Full Version : Will EX1 + Letus Exteme be good enough for broadcast?

richmondfloyd
10-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi,

I'm filming a shoot with two EX1's on Sunday. For the interviews, I'd usually use my Letus Extreme with one of my EX1's.

However, the footage needs to be fit for broadcast as they plan to sell the footage to a TV company.

Seeing as essentially the Letus Extreme 'degrades' the image to achieve the look, will it be up to broadcast standard do you think?

Olly

DadinWestchester
10-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Talking head segments are not as critical as scripted series. If you are going for a look give it a shot. Anything can be put through a TBC and made stable. Also, what market are you talking about? Local or network? You are not going for National Geographic Channel pixel peepers. Remember, even 1/3" cameras show up on network news.....

Lenilenapi
10-29-2011, 12:59 PM
If you have the correct achromat for the EX-1 then the visual quality of the image should be fine.
However some broadcast specs call for 4:2:2 compression and an Ex-1 records to the cards in 4:2:0.
Whether that will bother your broadcaster I can't say, but the quality of the image from an EX-1 will in fact be fine for broadcast whether they accept it or not.