PDA

View Full Version : fs100u sensor

mwpvideo
10-06-2011, 02:03 PM
Hi all,

I am planning on buying a Sony nex fs100u soon. I have not had a video camera with interchangeable lenses before. Can anyone tell me if they have built in sensor cleaners like DSLR's. I know not all DSLR's had them to start but now do. Just wondering if this is an issue with the fs100u. Thanks.

deucebigalow4
10-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I have read a lot about the fs100, but I haven't heard of a sensor cleaner. I'd imagine just like any equipment, if you take good care of it you won't have to worry about it.

Mike Harvey
10-06-2011, 03:03 PM
This is a question more appropriate (and more likely to be seen by other FS100 owners) for the FS100 section...

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/forumdisplay.php?227-Sony-FS100

LiamR
10-06-2011, 05:00 PM
As far as I know, no.

nyvz
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Definitely no built in sensor cleaner on the FS100. I had a fleck of something on there once that was very visible and wouldnt come out with air so I had to grab it with the corner of a lens cloth, problem solved. Just be careful about not leaving the mount open a lot especially in dirty or windy places and make sure anything you put on the lens mount (rear lens element, lens adapters, etc) are clean so they dont deposit any dirt on your sensor. I've had to clean SLR sensors before and tried to with a swab made for the job but I wouldnt recommend that since it seemed to leave a fair amount of streaking on the sensor that was somewhat visible at very small apertures.