PDA

View Full Version : Music For You To Use In Your FIlms - The Scare Fest 2011 Soundtrack

Matt Harris
09-18-2011, 10:55 PM
http://www.soulstudio7.com/dvxuser/Scare-Fest-2011-Full.jpg

Hi everyone, Matt here with some ear candy for you to use in your Scare Fest entries.
I am a composer for film, tv and multimedia and I often sit down and compose music libraries
for specific genres, then send out my music to networks so they can use my tracks in their shows.

Inspired by Scare Fest, I composed a cauldron of creepy crawly horror thriller music and I am
offering it to you all for free usage (For Scare Fest entries only), before I send it out to distributors.

I tried to keep the music simple and not cluttered; with horror music, a little goes a long way, as you'll hear.

If you can, always try to grab one of the many amazing composers on this site who will actually score to your picture.
That is ideal, but if you are stuck without a composer, these tracks can be mixed and matched to help you create your
own score.

Other ways to use this music are as temp music as you edit, or as mood music as you write your script
or even to get in a horrific mood on set.

All I ask for is a credit, and a heads up if your movie gets on IMDB, or is entered into any festivals.

Please let me know if you use any of the tracks, enjoy and good luck!

http://www.soulstudio7.com/downloads/Scare_Fest_2011_MP3.zip

PS The tracks are high quality 320 mp3's. You may want to convert them to 48k aif / wav in itunes before dropping them
in your timeline, especially if you are using Final Cut Pro.

-Matt Harris, DVX fester

Chris Messineo
09-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Very cool!

I'm always impressed by the generosity of the DVXuser community.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
09-19-2011, 08:56 AM
I was listening to some of these today. Really good work, Matt. Very moody. Perfect for this Fest.
I hope some entrants take you up on this generous offer.

Plenty to choose from too.

Well done!

ZazaCast
09-19-2011, 09:00 AM
This is great stuff Matt... extremely generous of you... thank you!

DVX Fester?

:happy:

Matt Harris
09-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks Mike! I'll probably use this stuff myself because, knowing me, i'll be editing up 'til the last second and won't be able to score to picture on my own short.

Zaza, thanks man! Love the uncle fester, didn't even think of that.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
09-19-2011, 09:39 AM
This is great stuff Matt... extremely generous of you... thank you!

DVX Fester?

:happy::laugh:
Great stuff.

Michael Anthony Horrigan
09-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Thanks Mike! I'll probably use this stuff myself because, knowing me, i'll be editing up 'til the last second and won't be able to score to picture on my own short.

This would not surprise me. :D

Matt Harris
09-19-2011, 10:42 AM
LOL, you know me too well.

pauly_the_hitman
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Wow great stuff man. You are a true gentleman for allowing us to use such awesome music. I am hoping I can find a way to use some for the fest. =)

Anthony Todaro
09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Solid stuff as usual from you Harris. Thanks for kicking down.

Matt Harris
09-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Just trying to help a brother out.

Elton
09-26-2011, 08:00 PM
All the cool kids think Matt's a righteous dude! http://quixotando.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ferris-buellers-day-off-1986-grace-edie-mcclurg.jpg

Matt Harris
09-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for stopping by Elton, how's your short coming? (Love the pic BTW, is she from Ferris Bueller's?)

Elton
09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Yup, Ferris. Thought I'd brighten your day with a hottie like that.

Btw, really like your music, so cool of you to share.

Film is coming along. A few snags but it's happening.

HHL
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
http://www.soulstudio7.com/dvxuser/Scare-Fest-2011-Full.jpg

Hi everyone, Matt here with some ear candy for you to use in your Scare Fest entries.
I am a composer for film, tv and multimedia and I often sit down and compose music libraries
for specific genres, then send out my music to networks so they can use my tracks in their shows.

Inspired by Scare Fest, I composed a cauldron of creepy crawly horror thriller music and I am
offering it to you all for free usage (For Scare Fest entries only), before I send it out to distributors.

I tried to keep the music simple and not cluttered; with horror music, a little goes a long way, as you'll hear.

If you can, always try to grab one of the many amazing composers on this site who will actually score to your picture.
That is ideal, but if you are stuck without a composer, these tracks can be mixed and matched to help you create your
own score.

Other ways to use this music are as temp music as you edit, or as mood music as you write your script
or even to get in a horrific mood on set.

All I ask for is a credit, and a heads up if your movie gets on IMDB, or is entered into any festivals.

Please let me know if you use any of the tracks, enjoy and good luck!

http://www.soulstudio7.com/downloads/Scare_Fest_2011_MP3.zip

PS The tracks are high quality 320 mp3's. You may want to convert them to 48k aif / wav in itunes before dropping them
in your timeline, especially if you are using Final Cut Pro.

-Matt Harris, DVX fester

...and now I feel like a SELFISH LOSER!!! You are DA MAN!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Truly an inspiration...

girard
10-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Matt Harris,

I really appreciate being able to use your tracks for my submission into DVXUSER's ScareFEST. My short movie is called "Obsession." It's my first time submitting anything in a festival and I think the score adds a lot. Thanks.

-Matt Girard

Matt Harris
10-29-2011, 12:21 AM
That's great Matt, i'm excited to see your short!

HHL
10-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi Matt Harris,

I really appreciate being able to use your tracks for my submission into DVXUSER's ScareFEST. My short movie is called "Obsession." It's my first time submitting anything in a festival and I think the score adds a lot. Thanks.

-Matt Girard

I could not agree more! Thanks again Matt!!!!

Matt Harris
10-29-2011, 02:22 PM
You are very welcome, it's a pleasure to hear my music in your movies. :)