PDA

View Full Version : C/Y Adapter Recommendations?

stancemedia
09-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm ordering my FS100 shortly and will need to have adapters ready for my commonly used glass.

I will be primarily using my Zeiss prime set (C/Y Mount). Does anyone have recommendations for which adapter manufacturer to go with? And where to purchase?

I heard there was a bit of issues with the Photodiox and light leaks. Personally after purchasing a product I would rather not have to tape it up.

Can anyone recommend a C/Y Adapter to E Mount as well as a good EOS adapter? Trying to make it so my first experience with my FS100 will be a pleasant one.

stancemedia
09-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Anyone really need some answers so I can make a wise purchase asap!

speedracerlo
09-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I used a cheaper C/Y adapter first but it had light leaks so I returned that and ordered the Kipon C/Y NEX adapter and it works much better with no apparent light leak. Only issue was that the Kipon has more play than the cheaper adapter.

stancemedia
09-18-2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.adorama.com/CZNEXYS.html

Think this adapter might be worth the price of admission?

Anyone with experience with it? (Dot Line NEX Adapter)

speedracerlo
09-18-2011, 12:47 PM
it's me again, I have the Dot Line adapter for my Canon FD to NEX and it works flawlessly, but FD-NEX adapters are much less prone to light leaks because there is no button

stancemedia
09-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Seems to be a more viable option at this point. I can count on a return policy at least. Although I really just want something I can count on working out of the box with no issues.