PDA

View Full Version : FS-100 Audio out-of-sync (transcoded footage)

matthewclevy
09-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Hey guys,

I am running into an odd audio problem while transcoding my FS-100 footage with Toast Titanium. It seems as though my clips with audio are floating out of sync after the conversion is done. I read that the specs of the Sony FS-100 say it records its audio at a 16-bit rate with 48khz at a Linear PCM. I set these functions in my Toast Titanium export menu but it doesn't seem to work. Does anybody have any suggestions or answers? Let me know if this isn't specific enough. Below are some pictures.

Thanks in advance!

These are the settings Toast is brings up when I drop the file into the program.

This is how I am exporting them and they are transcoding out-of-sync files.

MattDavis
09-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Is there any particular reason why you're still using Toast Titanium and not ClipWrap?

There was a brief period where Toast Titanium was the only solution short of Telestream's Episode ($$$) that would deal with 1080p50/60. I can vouch for ClipWrap at 1080p50, and sync has not been an issue in any of my transcodes (albeit in PALland).

Are we absolutely sure that Toast Ti is accurately doing 23.97? Does sync slip or is it universally out by x frames?

And, if I remember correctly, the Toast Ti trick centred around using Dolby AC3 sound rather than recording LPCM.