PDA

View Full Version : Picture Presets for Flesh Tone

Berk
09-13-2011, 04:32 PM
I just want to start a thread where we compile pp settings for flesh/skin tones and share ideas. personally I am also trying to find the most natural, organic, less-noise, flat settings. By all means people can share their artistic skin tone testings.

I believe we should do this under 3 categories w/o CC.
Tungsten (3200K)
Daylight (5600K)
Exterior - (above 6K)

I am sure we will come up something anybody might find useful in their production.

lets roll:happy:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2wocadc.png

http://i56.tinypic.com/3347rdd.jpg

DM_rider
09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Guessing the dII grabs are for comparison?

Berk
09-13-2011, 04:46 PM
yes, those were my personal choices where it might be somebodies dislike.. I found the second one very flat and organic. so that is what i am trying to achieve on FS100. Franks (postmaster) settings are pretty close to first frame and i found them very organic.

Menno Mennes
09-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi Berk,

I like the settings of your first still very much. Indeed I like the settings of Frank. So far the best I have seen!
What are your settings and lens(es)?

Best wishes and greetings from Holland

Menno Mennes
filmmaker
www.hollandheritage.tv

I still shoot SD broadcast but I am in the market for HD.

Postmaster
09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
For my taste the second one is too pinkish - but when it comes to flesh tones everybody has a way different opinion.
I modified my GlenColor PPs a bit, cause I run into redish shadows. I gonna update my blog as soon as I have some time on my hands.

best, Frank

Berk
09-16-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi Berk,

I like the settings of your first still very much. Indeed I like the settings of Frank. So far the best I have seen!
What are your settings and lens(es)?

Best wishes and greetings from Holland

Menno Mennes

Hi Menno
no they are not FS100s frame grabs. They are there as reference. as Dm rider pointed out those frame grabs from Ikonoskops a dcamII