PDA

View Full Version : shoulder strap recommendation

Kraut69
09-03-2011, 04:52 AM
I haven't used shoulder straps on camcorders in the past, but will at times use one with the FS100. I have searched for the specific optional strap Sony intended to go with the FS100 without success. Any recommendations?

The issue is that the slots for the strap on the camera have small openings, one shoulder strap I have now is too thick to go into the slots. So just shopping around and buying something unknown will be a crap shoot. If nothing is recommended, I'll just head for a camera shop (but those are not too plentiful around here!).

morgan_moore
09-03-2011, 06:06 AM
I dont use a strap on my FS but do on my stills cameras

People laugh because I use $5 arno straps.. (you can find black ones)
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=arno+straps&hl=en&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=shop&ei=biViTuieDYa48gPe-aSvCg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=5&ved=0CAcQ_AUoBA

You can shorten them off, so for example wading a river or climbing the cam can be tight on your body, and loosen it off other times

Ive done 20 years of stills, and done all the neoprene straps, brand straps, no straps and this is what I use

S

finaleditor
09-03-2011, 10:12 PM
I am using a shoulder strap that I transferred from my sony nex-vg10.
Sony BLT-110 Shoulder Strap

DM_rider
09-03-2011, 11:19 PM
7D strap, works for me.

Kraut69
09-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Saw a post on cheesycam suggesting inserting plastic cable times in the camera slots, which allows a big choice of quick release snap type shoulder straps which can be removed quickly to use the camera on a steadicam.

If you use a thick enough cable tie that fits tight in the slot, it can form a nice loop that stands up vertically so you could route cables through it , too ............. that may be handy.

morgan_moore
09-04-2011, 05:59 AM
I certainly find any strap that cannot be removed really fast annoying

Kraut69
09-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Something heavy and thick like you suggested discourages the sidewalk thieves from cutting your strap from behind you and running off with your cam.