PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a story bored...

Nutsy
05-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Ok stupid topic name. Now i know what a story bored is. My bigest trouble is actualy getting whats in my head down onto paper. My 2d skills are greatly lacking. If i want to try and make a charactor in any sort of detail other than a stick man it takes me ages to do. So in the end me drawing story boreds becomes very unproductive and honistly boring.

So anyone got any tips of some one like me with almost 0 2d drawing skill to make SBs quickly and effectivly?

Nutsy

tim_brown
05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm usually "bored" with most stories, so it shouldn't be too hard to make something "boring." Then again, if you were talking about "story-BOARD", then that's something entirely different. (smiles)

-Tim

Nutsy
05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Sorry i always do that :/ Dyslexia :/

So umm any tips on making boards?

tim_brown
05-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Might want to try http://www.powerproduction.com/ or http://www.videoguys.com/powerproduction.htm.

What I do is take my time and create several templates of a figure's torso in various poses in several positions; close-up, full, etc. Then using tracing paper - I do most of my story-boarding on heavy tracing paper - I'll trace the template and add arms as needed. Saves tons of time after you've created the templates and as long as you save 'em you'll have a library of many poses and angles to work with when you need 'em.

Hope this helps.

-Tim

Nutsy
05-05-2005, 09:12 AM

maverickprods
05-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Try a program called "Storyboard Quick". It is fairly inexpensive, you can pass the cost off to clients.

jkc123
05-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I have the same problem as well.... I cant draw worth crap. What you might want to think about doing is to get your hands on a still camera and take pictures of what you have in mind.

The great thing about this is that you don't need "actors"; just grab a few of your friends and you have your whole movie storyboarded. It's also a plus if you can take the pictures in the actual location where you plan to shoot.

Someone else on this board suggested this a while back and it works great for me.

Jim Brennan
05-06-2005, 01:22 PM
What's wrong with stick figures? They work for me.

Shaw
05-06-2005, 02:55 PM
I find that it's hard to get things correct in a 3D perspective with stick figures. That might just be me though.