PDA

View Full Version : New Music Video Shot on FS-100!

Ryan Lightbourn
08-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, here is the first of many FS-100 projects.

Shot w/ no crew...so far I'm loving the possibilities w/ this cam!
http://vimeo.com/28276128

ARTnVIDEO
08-28-2011, 04:23 PM
nice!!!

JauJau
08-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Steadycam? Jib?

Ryan Lightbourn
08-28-2011, 05:36 PM
nice!!!

Thanks!

Steadycam? Jib?

Glidecam 4000 Pro + POS Jib I bought off eBay

reem12
08-28-2011, 07:28 PM
This was a very different type of video. great direction and it looked like a lot of fun.

I didn't fully get the song but will listen again. Overall an outstanding job on this especially having no crew.

Oh and the 5d seemed to blend flawlessly.

Elton
08-28-2011, 07:43 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed that. Felt a Spike Jonze/Michel Gondry thing goin' on.

Rick Burnett
08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
That was a lot of fun, good job! :) It kept me interested because it was so bizarre! :) Haha.

Made me go watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adk1ujjmguo

which I hadn't watched in awhile.

Ryan Lightbourn
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Rick - Thanks for bringing that epic video to my attention...I'll definitely be showing it to Illdot & recommending that we go all carmageddon on the next one!

Searcher
08-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Shot w/ no crew...

Awesome. I sometimes see the credit list for video shoots and think how overblown it all can get.

Awesome video too BTW! Love the colours and composition.

I would have liked a slightly slower pace to the editing pace only cause i thought the footage was so great and I wanted to get a good look at various shots...

Rick Burnett
08-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Rick - Thanks for bringing that epic video to my attention...I'll definitely be showing it to Illdot & recommending that we go all carmageddon on the next one!

Haha, well I am a VJ once a month so I've seen my fare share of videos from the 1960s up til now :) (And when I say seen, I don't mean when they came out, just that I've seen them at some point). Haha. I'm not old enough to have seen them in the 60s.

I shoot with an FS100 as well but haven't had the chance to shoot a music video with it yet. I always like to hear the pros and cons to using equipment in different settings, what would you say like liked and or disliked when you were using the FS100 for this?

Ryan Lightbourn
08-30-2011, 08:01 AM
I always like to hear the pros and cons to using equipment in different settings, what would you say like liked and or disliked when you were using the FS100 for this?

I think it was a knockout camera throughout the whole shoot. It's probably about the same size/weight as a 1D Mark IV (which I used as a b-cam/slow mo cam on my last few shoots), so it worked well with all of my stabilizing equipment which is intended for smaller/lighter cameras (glidecam, cheap jib, compact rail-rig, etc).

I definitely prefer the body to that of a DSLR since it's loaded with screwholes. It's MUCH easier to rig in ways to achieve funky angles.

I did a bit of +9 & +18db gain...at +9 the footage looks great...+18 is ok. If I recall correctly, my EX-1 was not so hot at +6db. This thing rocks in low light & the noise is much finer vs. the digital, blocky noise of the 5D/1D. DSLR noise has rendered a ton of my low-light footage useless for professional use in the past.

Overall I'm super happy with the FS-100 & it has me more excited than any other 'affordable' camera release post-DSLR revolution.