PDA

View Full Version : "Matching" FS-100, Panny Hpx 170 and Canon 5DmkII

funkmusicinstitute
08-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi all,
I took the plunge and got the FS100. Will have my hands on it tomorrow. The following night I will be "managing" a jazz music shoot in a club.
Should have control of lighting setup, though, it probably won't be very dynamic. It's a multiple cam shoot, where everyone is donating
their time and gear, hence the mishmash of cameras: FS100 (w/ kit lens), the 170 (will be shooting 1080/24p) and the Canon 5D.
Audio is being done separately, so don't have to worry about that.
I'll be doing the editing. Just wondering what suggestions folks might have for trying to "match" the cameras so as to save me some time in post.
Greatly appreciated!

funkmusicinstitute
08-24-2011, 10:14 AM
No suggestions? I've matched the 170 and 5D before. Curious how I should set (generally anyway) the FS100. Will be probably shooting Cinema D style on the Panny.
Any suggestions appreciated.

robmneilson
08-24-2011, 10:55 AM
I don't think it would be too hard to match all of the cameras. You could always use the Abel Cine 5D setting on the Fs100.

If it were me I'd make sure that the 5D is shooting as much in CU as possible (to avoid aliasing). Put the HPX up as a wide angle and then have the FS100 work as the more fluid camera.