PDA

View Full Version : Good idea for script/dvxfest

STYLZ
08-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Real simple. How about if you a have a scriptfest...the next dvxfest is of the same theme/genre. So that writers can have the opportunity to get their ideas made. Strictly up to the writers whether or not they allow someone to make their short. Of course you could still use a new or different non-scriptfest script if you choose to as a director. This just gives the opportunity for scriptfest scripts to get made. Lot of things to work out in this idea...but I think it is a good idea. What do you all say?

Captain Pierce
08-10-2011, 10:58 AM
This has been mentioned before, and I think one of the earlier ScriptFests ran sort of concurrently with a film fest (I forget which, though). As I recall, the only scripts from that ScriptFest that were made for the film fest were made by their authors.

STYLZ
08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I guess most people don't like making others scripts, whether it's better or not. It's a ego thing.

OK, so once a year there is a Filmfest where directors have to pick a script from any scriptfest that year (not their own) and make it. HAHA, I know. Too much now huh!

ZazaCast
08-10-2011, 02:46 PM
I can only speak for myself and what I see happening in the fests over the years.... most people like to wait till the last minute these days to even announce that they are entering a film, going for the surprize. A lot of us read & vote in the scriptfests. If I've read a script, I already have an idea of what I'd do with it, thus forming a bias towards it. You know what I mean?

I was surprized to find out that on the last film I did, a bunch of people had already read the script... I don't know if I'd do that again...but that's just me.