PDA

View Full Version : Histogram + peaking will not appear on small hd hdmi monitor

anson fogel
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Howdy oh wise ones. I have searched far and wide for a solution, but I cannot get the Histo or Peaking displays to appear on my external (Small HD Dp6 via HDMI) monitor - unless the stock Sony monitor on camera is flipped up/on. Oddly, every other display aspect is fine on the external monitor - all the text, info, etc, shows up - I have messed with every imaginable menu setting, to no avail. But unless that dang stock monitor is on, no histogram, peaking or zebras. Having it flipped out of the way is part of my ideal setup, as its useless IMHO. But....

Ideas?

jetswing
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Peaking and zebras are not supported features via HDMI out. You will have to rely on features provided on the monitor.

Wendt
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
I hope you can find a better answer, but worst case scenario, can you rotate the LCD 180 and push it down and out of the way? It will not be protected, but out of the way and on--right, or is this not possible?

anson fogel
08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I can of course us peaking on the monitor itself, but there is no histo. Yeah, I can leave the on cam monitor on but it gets in the way of mounting other things. I was hoping I was doing something wrong!

morgan_moore
08-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Histo appears when the monitor is folded away with the screen facing upwards

S

Kraut69
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I get a histogram on the Dp6 when the camera LCD monitor is turned off , face down. Do you have an assigned button for histogram that is turned off?

NEVER MIND: the histogram is displayed, but it is nonfunctioning.

morgan_moore
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM
The little monitor needs to be active for the histo for be made live

-if it is closed on switching the camera on it is not there on the external monitor

-if you close it during operation it freezes on the external monitor

-to have the histo working you need to have the onboard monitor either

flipped open

or you can fold it into the body facing upwards

That is your option to see the histo without the onboard bumping into whatever you have on top of the camera

Is this right ? I dont know, but that is how it works for the moment - I would like them to upgrade/mend that in firmware

==

BTW in building your rig you might consider that you might need some of the review functions that are on the buttons hidden by the shut monitor

particularly if you need to review footage with the crew director or talent

My rig I decided to keep full access to the monitor and these controls - that did mean no top handle

S