PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Log & Transfer?

Kyle McConaghy
08-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi, all I've heard some reports that ingesting FS100 footage with Final Cut Log & Transfer doesn't create the best results. Is this true? If so, what is a good alternative? Thanks so much.

Stephen Mick
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi, all – I've heard some reports that ingesting FS100 footage with Final Cut Log & Transfer doesn't create the best results. Is this true? If so, what is a good alternative? Thanks so much.

What exactly do you mean by "best results?" The footage I've worked with, ingested via L&T, looks fantastic.

DOSMedia
08-09-2011, 12:31 PM
What exactly do you mean by "best results?" The footage I've worked with, ingested via L&T, looks fantastic.

Agreed.

Ive worked with Prores ingested with L&T, Prores using clipwrap, and Avid DNxHD using Avid and Clipwrap and I do not see a difference between them. They all look fantastic to me :).

Kyle McConaghy
08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Good to hear! I heard a guy say on vimeo he thought that L&T didn't handle the highlights well. I was skeptical, but I thought I would check with you all before finding another method thanks so much!

LiamR
08-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Just try it for yourself if you have the camera, I had the same thing going through my head with my GH2, ClipWrap seemed to look better but they were essentially the same in the end.