PDA

View Full Version : Mounting FS100 as a Drive on a Mac ?

AndyInBuffalo
08-08-2011, 09:07 AM
I shot some footage which appears on my card when I look at it in the camera. Unfortunately my card reader doesn't detect
any footage (it detects other footage of the same interview on other cards). The light doesn't even light up on the reader (Targus), nor does it mount on my desktop with the card in question.

I'm wondering whether there is a way that I can mount the FS100 as a drive on my Mac (PPC, 10.4.11) to copy my clips over into a folder on my Hard Drive. Haven't been able to do it so far.

Thanks,

Andy

PS. Anyone have good experience with a free AVCHD-SD converter for Mac ?
I'd like to be able to edit in SD while deciding on a more powerful computer and new NLE.

mico
08-08-2011, 09:19 AM
just connect a usb cable from cam to computer. turn the camera on, press the lcd prompt and you'll see the card show as a drive.

jetswing
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Andy, if you have the Targus 33 in 1 card reader, the problem is with the card reader. It refuses mount a 32gb SD card though smaller sizes work fine. I happened to buy another type of Targus card reader (just SD) and worked fine. This problem exists both on Mac and PC.

AndyInBuffalo
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Andy, if you have the Targus 33 in 1 card reader, the problem is with the card reader. It refuses mount a 32gb SD card though smaller sizes work fine. I happened to buy another type of Targus card reader (just SD) and worked fine. This problem exists both on Mac and PC.

Thanks, jetswing
Hmm, I thought I mounted a 32 GB earlier, but I'll keep in mind my advice.

"mico": Maybe I need to turn the computer on after the camera ? ! Could that be the problem ?

ag

mico
08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
My mac computer is already on and cards mount with no problem. But give it a shot anyway sometimes these things get quirky. Do you get a usb prompt on the cameras lcd when you connect to usb? Do other cards mount from the camera or is it just the one card with issues that won't mount? If its just the one card you might have a corrupt file and you may need to use a file recovery program.

Theres also a repairing the image database file in the menu options. Repairs any database inconsistencies found in movies or stills. Page 64 of the manual.

Also. since you can view footage from this card on playback there may be a way to copy through HDMI to get to that footage either through an external recorder or through a program you might already have.

morgan_moore
08-08-2011, 12:51 PM
menu others -> usb or something may tell it to connect

S

AndyInBuffalo
08-12-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks, guys, it worked through the camera. One thing I'm a bit confused about is how to exit the USB mode. They message that comes up says something like "Disconnect before exiting, etc." and "do you wish to exit usb" with a "Yes-No" choice, but when I "disconnect before exiting", the "yes-no" choice disappears. It's just not clear, is it ?